Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of max oil temps should be seen on a 6.0. i put a egr cooler delete, a new oil cooler, coolant filter, second oil filter and a tuner on an 05 f350 and when pulling a 14k pound trailer the oil temp will go up close to 230 degrees under a load while the coolant temp is around 208-210. when on flat ground the ect and eot stays pretty close. is this normal for an egr deleted and tuned 6.0?

·
All motor wannabe
5,895 Posts
My 7.3 dually pulling 11 gets to about 214 never seen it go higher but I also tow at 65mph.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Highest I've ever seen was 15° difference grossing 26k. Original oil cooler with 75k miles. Should never be over 15°. My temps are usually less than 10° difference.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Verify the cooling stack is clean and flows air freely. What tune are you running and what kind of EGT are you seeing?

Also what weight, quantity and how fresh is the oil?

·
Registered
974 Posts
thats normal when towing that weight up hill. my enclosed is 12k and i see up to 220 ect and 228 eot in hilly areas with egts at about 1100-1150 going 75. ford recommends a 14 degree delta split...but that is with no load, flat road for 2 miles and see what they are. it obviously will change when you put 12-14k on the hitch. when you start seeing 230 plus is when its not so good. when i saw 230 ect, i was going up a 4 mile hill and it climbed to 264 ect and 272 eot pretty quick haha. needless to say my head gaskets were no longer with me, but made it the 130 miles home and still drove it for a week until i could fix it!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Best of my knowledge ford recommended no more than 15* difference in the ect and eot temps that was in the tsb for the cooling issues with the egr coolers and headgaskets

·
Registered
703 Posts
Oil temp is fine as long as it doesn't set a code. Not sure what Ford calls the code but it's normally called "Power reduced to match cooling efficiency" and with Navistar, it's called the DTC 327 code.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts