Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 06 f350 single wheel last night for 4900. Trucks in great shape long story short I hauled my little truck and trailer to pick it up then hauled it back with the 350. Truck pulled great never missed a beat good power. This morning drove it to work then at about 1800 rpm in overdrive it made a small skip for about 5 min then quit The truck has all brand new coils and plugs just installed from ford that was the first thing I checked I've had similar problems before but coils solved it. Any ideas were to start?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Check the fuel pressure and the fuel. If it has been sitting the fuel could be bad. Otherwise it's the usual check fuel check spark then start checking sensors. Crank position or cam sensors first. Also check all grounds. Had an '07 mustang that drove the owner nuts before I got it. I found a ground wire he left off after his header install.
If all checks out good then find an ECM for it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
10/4 I'll check e erything over tonight. And yes it is all motorcraft coils and plugs he gave me the recp to I pulled one just to check

·
Registered
728 Posts
I had an employee that had the same problem and it ended up being a bad fuel injector. A mechanic at the local dealership told him to pull the fuel rails and injectors from the intake, but leave the fuel line connected. Make sure you dry any fuel from the injectors and set them on top of a piece of cardboard before you go to bed that night. Check the cardboard the next morning for stains under an injector and replace the ones that leaked down. Of course this only checks for a mechanical failure and not electrical, but according to the mechanic this was a common problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts