Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is trying to get rid of his truck its a 1994 F150 2wd 5 speed with the 300 I6. I have always heard they are amazing motors but dont know much about them. What is your guys opinion on them?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
They are awesome

·
veritas aequitas
2,204 Posts
you can't go wrong with that I6 better low end torque then the 5.0 better fuel economy. they sound like crap if you get a hole in the muffler though.
did anyone mention they are virually bullet proof. run for ever just like an old FARMALL tractor.

·
Registered
504 Posts
you can't go wrong with that I6 better low end torque then the 5.0 better fuel economy. they sound like crap if you get a hole in the muffler though.
did anyone mention they are virually bullet proof. run for ever just like an old FARMALL tractor.
very awesome tourqe, mine will pull my 1800lb trail with my 3000lb car no problem just sucks when it comes to stopping

·
Registered
44 Posts
I heard before i seen, a 1984 f150 4x4 pulling a 14 x 56 house trailer . thay was moving. it was toting the load and all was good till it came time to slow down / stop/ turn into this driveway, it was a loud whining noise and a faint roar of mud grips, i wont ever forget that sound. when he tried to stop, the truck and house trailer slid right off into the ditch... funny as hell, truck pulled like a mutha, not enuff ass to stop.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Will last foreva

Which is why they quit making them, no repair money in a motor that will go 300,000 and not break a single part.

One of the best motors ever made in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
as stated one of the best inline 6's ever built. I have had two of them. they just keep on going, like the energizer bunny. lol

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Which is why they quit making them, no repair money in a motor that will go 300,000 and not break a single part.

One of the best motors ever made in my opinion.
Had mine 8yrs it was my dd only things went out was the starter,
alt,and accel cable broke. Got a good deal on an '07 f-150 here at work and parked it. I think it's sitting at 185--- and change and still ran like a top when i parked it. I still got but the wife wants it gone,I wanna pro street it with the Inline there are some great am perfomance parts for them.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts