Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pretty simple question I have a twin turbo setup I am building and the turbos are forced induction billet 80mm v banded 1.30 turbine housings v5 cover and I ordered some jegs and summit brand interlocking v band 3” clamps neither of which fit properly what’s everyone using for these turbos?…

yes I have reached out to FI and no reply
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
25,859 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think John’s out of the scene.

Yea , I dont know . I haven't heard anything since I canceled Facebook .

But it doesnt look like hes doing anything anymore looking at his fb . I wonder if you can still order from the site .

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
All V bands and clamps seem to slightly vary between manufacturers, drives me nuts. X2 on Race Parts Solutions. I've altered them on the lathe a few times if there is enough stock on them to match them up. Just had to cut a female register in one for an old JGS wastegate.

·
Registered
16,929 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think John’s out of the scene.
John is now Full Proof Performance on FB. He set me up with my FI S485 last year. Pretty sure he is still in biz. He will definitely have the flanges you require.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OP, who makes those turbo headers? Do the clear the steering shaft ok?
RSM makes them they’re made for 4th gens and bolt right in clear the steering shaft fine…

I tried race parts solutions the measurements I gave them for the down pipe didn’t match up I was able to get ahold of FI and have a set coming supposedly no tracking yet kinda frustrating…

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Update… I ended up getting the flanges yesterday and the downpipe flange doesn’t fit… the locator tab is to big for the housings they’re 2 flanges around the same size one for a tial housing the other for Borg Warner I was sent the tial when I needed the Borg Warner flange you would think they would know what flange fits their turbos but I guess not…

after spending quite some time arguing with them on how a 3.62 flange doesn’t fit in a 3.59 hole they refuse to refund the clamps 🤣…
Reflex camera Digital camera Camera lens Camera accessory Camera

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Rim

Did you try Ace Race Parts? Just used them and RPS for some supplies.
I’ve used them for tubing bends in the past didn’t know they have flanges

·
Registered
111 Posts
Update… I ended up getting the flanges yesterday and the downpipe flange doesn’t fit… the locator tab is to big for the housings they’re 2 flanges around the same size one for a tial housing the other for Borg Warner I was sent the tial when I needed the Borg Warner flange you would think they would know what flange fits their turbos but I guess not…

after spending quite some time arguing with them on how a 3.62 flange doesn’t fit in a 3.59 hole they refuse to refund the clamps 🤣… View attachment 375350
View attachment 375349

I’ve used them for tubing bends in the past didn’t know they have flanges
They do and the nice thing is they have all the measurements on the site. I hade a wastegate that needed new flanges and it was a odd ball size and I found it there..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They do and the nice thing is they have all the measurements on the site. I hade a wastegate that needed new flanges and it was a odd ball size and I found it there..
I’ll check it out I got a set coming that should fit…Seems like these turbos have the Borg Warner style flange 4.62 on the outside and 3.59 for the locator the Borg flanges I have coming are 4.62 on the outside and 3.575 for the locator so should be what I need…

1 - 13 of 13 Posts