Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't blame him. They have reduced payouts and increased expenses and running the whole operation at loss this season isn't wise for the business.

·
T/S 368E
28,907 Posts
Too late, posted weeks ago.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,868 Posts
Nothing new.

·
Registered
34,890 Posts
It's a little odd that the Force team doesn't field any cars but most of the others are racing? A large group of us will be at Maple Grove for the big race.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's a little odd that the Force team doesn't field any cars but most of the others are racing? A large group of us will be at Maple Grove for the big race.
I'm hard pressed to believe Maple Grove will happen. PDRA just pulled their race from there in a few weeks and the nationals are only a couple weeks after that. Things could change but it's not looking good for that or the divisional race 2 weeks after.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
If you understand John’s press release, it doesn’t seem odd at all. Unlike the other “big” nitro teams, Force can’t afford to race out of his pocket. He’s spending the money he has to keep his teams together for next year.

·
T/S 368E
28,907 Posts

1st I don't believe that part at all.
I bet John could race a few years and not put a dent in his retirement fund!!!
I think he's deathly afraid for his family & crew and that's more important to him!!

Reactions: DAZZLER351

·
Registered
36,756 Posts

1st I don't believe that part at all.
I bet John could race a few years and not put a dent in his retirement fund!!!
I think he's deathly afraid for his family & crew and that's more important to him!!
Afraid for his family and crew, no doubt. Race out his pocket for a few years on his own money? He isn't that wealthy. He campaigns 4 cars and at the very minimum you're looking at $15 million annually to keep his current operation going. He can't carry that weight on his own and his sponsors won't carry it either, being as there's only going to be a minimal number of remaining races in 2020 and 2021 is a total guess at this point in time.

My prediction? JFR has run its last race. There are many reasons; all of them sad but legitimate.

·
T/S 368E
28,907 Posts

I'm just saying he's not as dumb as people think he is!!!
I bet he has plenty of dough & is NOT racing paycheck to paycheck any more, and hasn't in MANY years!!!
I'm betting he has been netting millions for a very long time, and has it invested wisely.
He might look stupid to some guys, I don't think he is.

If he wanted to race, he could afford to race. Maybe not all 4 cars for 5 years or ??
He could have raced this year on his own dime, and not hurt his check book!!

Reactions: DAZZLER351

·
Registered
36,756 Posts
If he wanted to race, he could afford to race. Maybe not all 4 cars for 5 years or ??
I wouldn't think so but obviously I don't know for sure. Force dumb? Not a chance.

·
Registered
40,954 Posts

I'm just saying he's not as dumb as people think he is!!!
I bet he has plenty of dough & is NOT racing paycheck to paycheck any more, and hasn't in MANY years!!!
I'm betting he has been netting millions for a very long time, and has it invested wisely.
He might look stupid to some guys, I don't think he is.

He's worth about $20 million, it would put a serious dent in his checkbook. And for what? He's not stupid, like you said, that's why he's sitting it out.

·
T/S 368E
28,907 Posts

I expected more, but he does have a huge overhead.
Don't forget, some sponsors were willing to stay, but probably at a discount,
so racing this year would probably not have cost millions out of pocket??

I was thinking the sponsors would want Britney & John??
SO I was expecting them to only run 2 cars, but I still think John is a 100% family & crew 1st kind of guy??
Doesn't he talk about god a lot?? It would kill him if one of his kids or guys died.

It's just speculation and none of our business anyway.
I know what I'm worth and I don't do a lot of things that I can afford,
but want to make sure the kids & grandkids have more than I did.
I'm thinking John thinks the same since we both were raised dirt poor??

·
Registered
27,557 Posts

SO I was expecting them to only run 2 cars, but I still think John is a 100% family & crew 1st kind of guy??
Doesn't he talk about god a lot?? It would kill him if one of his kids or guys died.

As was I. I never knew we were poor, I just thought everyone else was rich.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts

I could be wrong, but I thought his press release was rather telling. I think that Force guarantees a certain amount of fan interaction and feedback on his contracts. That's how he gets good, long term contracts for sponsorship. Since the schedule was shortened, and a day was eliminated from every remaining race, Force knows he can't fulfill his end of the contracts.

Force seems like an "old school" racer, similar to Prudhomme, Glidden and Warren Johnson. They wouldn't spend their own money to go racing. Think about it, for Kalitta, Schumacher and Torrence racing is a hobby, not their job. For Force, his main source of income is his racing company. Why would any good businessman spend his money to go to work with no chance of earning it back? Without racing, he is still spending his own money to keep his teams employed and working toward next year. Think about this, Tony Schumacher sat out all of last year because he didn't have a sponsor. Why would Force spend the money he's earned over his lifetime to go racing this year?

As to whether or not Force will race again, who knows? However, John will still be at the track for every race with the teams he has. He might hire a new driver for his car, but he will still be the one giving the interviews.

I do think that part of this decision is because of the virus. John is 71 years old and he's overweight. That puts him in a high risk group. I would be a bit surprised if he wasn't a bit worried about going out and contracting the virus. I don't think he would regret dying in a funny car crash/explosion. However, I'm pretty sure he would regret dying in a hospital bed, hooked up to a ventilator.

·
T/S 368E
28,907 Posts

I was basing my guess on him having a lot more money, like I said.
Plus sponsors willing to make it work??
Then throw in his age, and he wouldn't want to lose a season he will never get back.

It was just a guess.
He could have raced this season without much out of pocket in some version,
but virus scared him enough to not race.

·
T/S 368E
28,907 Posts

Didn't care enough to search anything, I was just saying I bet it's more of a health issue than a 100% money issue.
Like I said, none of our business, just taking a guess.
I still think he's worth more than that??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts