Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Force call it's quits on 2020 season

4K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  Tater 
#1 ·
Can't blame him. They have reduced payouts and increased expenses and running the whole operation at loss this season isn't wise for the business.

#7 ·

1st I don't believe that part at all.
I bet John could race a few years and not put a dent in his retirement fund!!!
I think he's deathly afraid for his family & crew and that's more important to him!!

Reactions: DAZZLER351
#9 ·

1st I don't believe that part at all.
I bet John could race a few years and not put a dent in his retirement fund!!!
I think he's deathly afraid for his family & crew and that's more important to him!!
Afraid for his family and crew, no doubt. Race out his pocket for a few years on his own money? He isn't that wealthy. He campaigns 4 cars and at the very minimum you're looking at $15 million annually to keep his current operation going. He can't carry that weight on his own and his sponsors won't carry it either, being as there's only going to be a minimal number of remaining races in 2020 and 2021 is a total guess at this point in time.

My prediction? JFR has run its last race. There are many reasons; all of them sad but legitimate.

#10 ·

I'm just saying he's not as dumb as people think he is!!!
I bet he has plenty of dough & is NOT racing paycheck to paycheck any more, and hasn't in MANY years!!!
I'm betting he has been netting millions for a very long time, and has it invested wisely.
He might look stupid to some guys, I don't think he is.

If he wanted to race, he could afford to race. Maybe not all 4 cars for 5 years or ??
He could have raced this year on his own dime, and not hurt his check book!!

Reactions: DAZZLER351
#14 ·

I expected more, but he does have a huge overhead.
Don't forget, some sponsors were willing to stay, but probably at a discount,
so racing this year would probably not have cost millions out of pocket??

I was thinking the sponsors would want Britney & John??
SO I was expecting them to only run 2 cars, but I still think John is a 100% family & crew 1st kind of guy??
Doesn't he talk about god a lot?? It would kill him if one of his kids or guys died.

It's just speculation and none of our business anyway.
I know what I'm worth and I don't do a lot of things that I can afford,
but want to make sure the kids & grandkids have more than I did.
I'm thinking John thinks the same since we both were raised dirt poor??

#17 ·

I was basing my guess on him having a lot more money, like I said.
Plus sponsors willing to make it work??
Then throw in his age, and he wouldn't want to lose a season he will never get back.

It was just a guess.
He could have raced this season without much out of pocket in some version,
but virus scared him enough to not race.

#19 ·

Didn't care enough to search anything, I was just saying I bet it's more of a health issue than a 100% money issue.
Like I said, none of our business, just taking a guess.
I still think he's worth more than that??

#26 ·
Crickets Crickets.......I think the average racer guy really doesn’t give a Fuck about John Force....he’s had his spot light n is old. It’s the small tracks that matter as far as surviving to keep the racing movement growing. Majority of the NHRA race promoters are white color types run and that’s a turn off. The majority of NHRA racers are well off people’s n they’ll run there until they go broke. The Blue Color types count their $ n make the races that make sense to them these days. Kinda a pick your battles type of thing. Not everyone runs NHRA events but they plan accordingly for local events. Everyone is replaceable......

#27 · (Edited)
I think it's as simple as - his cost structure to run all the teams is so high, it depends on the full season sponsor money and full season purse money potential. With a limited schedule, and unknown actual event schedule... he did not want to lose millions of personal money.

I see the same thing with a few tracks... obviously very high operating costs and they were depending on national event with fans.... so shut the whole thing down. At the same time, some tracks with lower operating costs are open on a limited bases for some smaller events. I'm not looking into it any deeper than - Force has built a giant operation that takes a fortune to operate... and 2020 isn't going to provide that fortune. I think the remaining events are certainly in flux also. That has to make it very difficult to plan for or get sponsor commitments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.