Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a terrible traffic accident very close to where I was working.

Once was many years ago, a very young child lost her life in that one. I heard the crash and looked up to see alot of smoke over the trees, there was a bad fire that day. An early model Chevrolet Truck was T-Boned behind the b-pillar, right in the pass side fuel tank.

Tonight, as I was sitting here waiting on traffic to die down a summer rain shower paseed by, enough to make the streets a bit wet for a few minutes. It's virtually dried up by now.

2 teenagers in a late Mustang GT went through an intersection very fast, I heard the car accelerate. Then I heard the sound of several cars crashing. I looked up and saw a large plume of smoke.

I grabbed a fire extinguisher and ran to the scene, not 200 yrds from my shop. The Mustang was drilled in the front and the rear. Lt headlamp is in the hood hinge area. The fuel tank was damaged and was burning, I put the fire out while the two kids were trapped in the car.

Isn't it amazing how quickly some memories come back in an instant. When I heard the crash and saw the smoke instantly I thought of that horrible Sunday afternoon back in the summer of 1991.

The rescuers got the kids out, soaked the car and I left.

Witnesses said the Mustang was traveling at a very high rate of speed... "70 mph at least" I was told. Three cars are totaled and there are 2 ambulances taking people to the hospital as I type this. I didn't want to stand around and gawk as I did not witness the accident.

If you have kids, tell them to be careful. These kids were very, very lucky. I have seen people not walk away from accidents like this one.

g

·
workin it
7,779 Posts
Right on!!!! You did what every American SHOULD do...look out for others. Bravo again...seriously, you are a good man...and a YB'er to boot.

·
Registered
12,147 Posts
In a day and age where most people look on or walk away from accidents. It's nice to see there are a few that will jump in and help people in need.

I jump into situations when they come up and most of my friends say I am nuts for getting involved. I tell them it's the right thing to do, and I hope someone is around to help me or my loved ones when they need it.

Awesome Job!!!

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow. That is not the sort of response I considered when I posted this thread.

I would like to think that what I did tonight was not out of the ordinary. My goal for this thread was to bring awareness to young kids behind the wheel of cars in less than desirable driving conditions.

No doubt any self respecting person would have done the same thing given the circumstances.

Thanks for the kind words. It ain't about me though.

g

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
great job,and people don't understand why i get so pissed at the people that street race.good example,two punks in a mustang not giving a shit about anybody but themselfs.think about your actions they might change somebody's life.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
That was a good thing that you did.. Most people these days would just pretend that they never saw it happen. I would like to Thank You for a job well done..

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
You deserve a big thanks. From your description of the event, they would have burned alive if they were trapped in the car while it was on fire! I wish more people took initiative and did the right thing. Trippy how you knew to grab the extinguisher. :smt038

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Great job G!!!!!

I am sure those kids are figuring out how bad it could have been, had you not been there with the extinguisher.

That will more than likely make them more aware in the future..(I'd hope)

·
OBR's ONLY Heads Up Racer
1,646 Posts
Thanks for the post Ratcthed......just the support I was looking for!

My youngest daughther just got her license and she hasn't let the car cool down yet! Everytime she leaves I tell her I love her and to be carefull and think about what she is doing. "task at hand...focus....task at hand". She rolls her eyes and says " Mom, you worry too much". But, I hope my words replay in her head as she is out cruising...it just may help her sometime.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts