Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry this is late in coming but I just recently got this picture posting thing figured out.

This really is to keep a promise to Krusty back when I was asking for his help with my first feeble attempt at painting Our Fiberglass front clip that we put on over the winter when we put our car on a weight loss diet lol

He (Krusty) and I spoke on the phone a couple of times when I was having "Issues" and the guy was as decent and honest as they come and I promised him that I would post pictures of how this all came out well better late than never but here is me keeping my promise.

First what we started with....
a Used and slightly damaged front lift off clip.

Now all with all broken spots repaired and primed on the car for test fit.

Now how it looked when we were all done and ready to Race.

Well not perfect but not bad for a first timer....oh and just for the curious the Pictures above with the front clip in primer and the Black Hood on the car the Hood was in Black primer cause when I wanted to prime it they didn't have any Gray primer at our Local Auto paint place......who runs out of Gray primer in the qts ? lol any way It looks perdy nice and way better than most but not as fancy as some but then again it's a Race Car not a trailer Queen or a Show Piece.....as long as it matches and its not full of runs and nasty spots that make it look like rattle can roy was painting it I am happy.......and my family is very happy......and I have gotten NUMEROUS compliments at the race track so its all in the eye of the beholder.

Thanks again Krusty......you are truly ......the man.

Randy

·
Registered
706 Posts
Thank you so much for your kind words......Just trying to help you out...some one sent you on a wild goose chase with the grits they were having you use...call me any time 1 970 405 6373

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
He is a nice guy!!!

Car turned out good.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes sir.... I kinda jumped the gun a bit though cause these pictures are not the ones I really wanted to show .....lol I will post the "OTHER" pictures later here of the car after we cut and buffed it out like you told me and clear coated it... it really looks 100% better now, these of the car in the shop were really just for my own info and for graphics placement, the stickers were put on top of a thick coat of wax so we could move them if we didn't like where they were (as you will see when I post the other pictures) but I didn't have the other ones downloaded off of the wifes camera to our laptop yet when I posted this at first and when the car was in the bldg there, it had like 2 wks worth of dust everywhere on it and really made it look average at best but once pulled all the stickers and washed and cut and buffed it all out like you said..... man the paint really pops now and with your tips on the clear coat....wow buddy.....I will never be able to thank you enough for your help cause when I started this I was thinking I was way in over my head but we are very VERY happy with the outcome and after all this is a Race car not a Show car and as long as it looks nice hell I am happy with it. I Know you can have both in the same car but I am more worried about the way it runs and not as much on how it looks but this came out real decent I think.
Thanks Again Krusty,
I will post the other pics we have of it outside in the sunlight so you can REALLY see what it looks like up close.
Randy.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Molly that's a nice color combo on your helmet..You sponsored by UHAUL???

Ironhorse......You need anything don't hesitate to call.....some day we will have a cocktail together...

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ironhorse......You need anything don't hesitate to call.....some day we will have a cocktail together...
YEAH BUDDY I look forward to it ! and I tell ya what...we will get the first couple of rounds and supply some of Our Homegrown BEEF melt in your mouth Rib-Eye Steaks ...you bring the family and we will meet up @ a Track for a Race some weekend and you are on Buddy how does that sound ?

Randy

·
Registered
706 Posts
Your on my friend...where do you primarily race out of...Take care.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anywhere from Topeka and Great Bend to Oahe Speedway in S.D. and east to Mid America Motorplex in Iowa and as far west as Bandamiere out at Morrison Colorado.....all Div.5
Randy

·
its blingtiffic™
9,829 Posts
Krusty FTMFW!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts