Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2011 3/4 p.u. in May '11 , had issues with it . Went back to the the dealer(s) to get it fixed , 3 times .Told them I wasn't happy with the truck . Last week my new 2011 1/2 p.u. was delivered !!! Yup , GM bought the 3/4 back 100% what I had in it !

Moral :
I never threaten to sue
Never called every day
Never drove around with : " This truck is a POS " on the side

Was patient and let the system work , and it did :)
This statement must be true : " You can kill more bee's with honey , than vinegar "

Tanxz GM :smt023

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Gotta love the FL lemon law...

Why go w/ a 1/2 when you had a 3/4??

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I have been trying to play a similar game with BMW on my wifes X5, hasnt got me anywhere. Glad to know things worked out for you. Mean while im going to drive this bitch into a lake!!

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
back in 77 i bought a new El Camino-had so much trouble with it, they finally bought it back, gave me a used car off the lot as part payment worth more than the diff
i just bought a new 2011 chevy 1/2 ton, 4 wd, 6 sp(i would rather have a 4 sp, to much shifting) i liked the 03, but all the brake, fuel and trans limes were rusted like hell, plus it had all the stuff wrong that they had problems with-steering rattle, brakes, dash gauges, etc
i was able to upgrade from the 4.8 to a 5.3, so should help with towing
so far i like it, just hope it doesnt have a lot of problems-PM me if you want, would like to hear what was wrong with yours
dam shame when we are stuck with problem vehs.-i thought about the extra warrenty, but a lot of $$$$$$$$

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Lucky for me I work for a dealer. Just bought a 2011 sierra k1500 ext cab. 5.3 6spd 3.42 SLE. Traded a 2006 c1500 5.3 3.73 in on it. So far this 4wd gets 2mpg more on the interstate and about 1.5mpg more around town.:p I am starting to like this 6spd deal.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
did the same thing with Ford, they said to piss off. LOL Now the attorneys are involved, Ford asked me to not bring the truck back because they did not have a fix for it so I waited 6 months. Moral of the story, they are build a bad one sooner or later, state lemon laws have a lot to do with the end result.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fuel mileage sucked (6.0) 11 hwy. 6-7 town
had a vibration at 40-48mph, women would have loved the truck ;)
3/4 tows 9800 (6.0)
1/2 tows 9700 (5.3)
?????? why buy the 3/4 ??? i thought old school in May :rolleyes:
1/2 drives sweet + double the fuel mileage !! 14 in town !

Now , as for attracting bee's I'm .... allergic !!!!:smt073:):)

·
Registered
39,297 Posts
back in 77 i bought a new El Camino-had so much trouble with it, they finally bought it back, gave me a used car off the lot as part payment worth more than the diff
i just bought a new 2011 chevy 1/2 ton, 4 wd, 6 sp(i would rather have a 4 sp, to much shifting) i liked the 03, but all the brake, fuel and trans limes were rusted like hell, plus it had all the stuff wrong that they had problems with-steering rattle, brakes, dash gauges, etc
i was able to upgrade from the 4.8 to a 5.3, so should help with towing
so far i like it, just hope it doesnt have a lot of problems-PM me if you want, would like to hear what was wrong with yours
dam shame when we are stuck with problem vehs.-i thought about the extra warrenty, but a lot of $$$$$$$$
Shop around on the 'net for the extended warranty. With a little searching you'll find an internet GM dealer who will sell you the same exact warranty for a couple of hundred over his/her cost.

My Acura dealer quoted me $1800 list price $2200 on the extended deal found the exact same warranty (same exact serial number) from a Michigan dealer for $1075 and no sales tax.

Gave them a CC and it showed up in the mail four days later.

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Fuel mileage sucked (6.0) 11 hwy. 6-7 town
had a vibration at 40-48mph, women would have loved the truck ;)
3/4 tows 9800 (6.0)
1/2 tows 9700 (5.3)
?????? why buy the 3/4 ??? i thought old school in May :rolleyes:
1/2 drives sweet + double the fuel mileage !! 14 in town !

Now , as for attracting bee's I'm .... allergic !!!!:smt073:):)
Still dont have the shacking figured out? Damn.

My dads 04 2500 did it unloaded so bad you didnt want to drive it, was perfect when towing something. They put newer style body mounts under the rear of the cab and you dont feel anything now.

Damn that gas mileage sucks, wtf.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Who started this thread? Obomb a?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts