Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Grade 8 Motorsports
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a guy who wants to trade me a 27t chassis/body for a motorcycle that I dont really want and is only worth about $4k. The roadster is almost a roller. It doesnt have spindles or any steering parts. The car was never raced, and it was last cert'd in '93. It's sat in a warehouse since then. I dont know if the cert for these cars has changed much over the years, but if I have to add a bar or 2 to meet 10.4, its not a big deal. Basically, I'm just wondering what you guys might value this chassis/body at. Its all 4130, and he also has a seat pan, floors, and a front and mid motor plate. Heres a few pics...

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
You might have scored a good one there. I see it needs the eye bars on the cage, and gussets. I dont have an SFI book here, but might have to do a whole new cage, because of what I mentioned and the angle of the front hoop. I cant see with the body on about diagonals around driver, but might be ok....
What is that thing, 120" with a solid front end ? Make a brace for a step under the running boards, you will want that !
I like those kind of cars. under 2K lbs and easy power, and your hauling ass. If it was me, and I didnt want the bike anyway, Id have a new project, for the fall !

·
Grade 8 Motorsports
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Heres a few more of the bare chassis. I'm kinda thinking just to get it re-certified,make it a full roller and maybe bodywork/paint it. Think I might be able to make a few bucks if I went that route?

·
Grade 8 Motorsports
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone?

·
Grade 8 Motorsports
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely a lot of work, just thinking I might be able to make a few $ by "flipping" it, but it might be more work than its worth...

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
I would guess that its not worth very much. I know someone who recently sold a very similar roadster as a COMPLETE roller, with extra alumastars and other parts- $12k

This car won the NHRA World Championship is S/G then won IHRA World Championship the following year. Was pro built (advanced chassis), full roller, electronics, data recorder, etc. Fresh cert with new tires, car was pretty much perfect and proven.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I would guess that its not worth very much. I know someone who recently sold a very similar roadster as a COMPLETE roller, with extra alumastars and other parts- $12k

This car won the NHRA World Championship is S/G then won IHRA World Championship the following year. Was pro built (advanced chassis), full roller, electronics, data recorder, etc. Fresh cert with new tires, car was pretty much perfect and proven.
I agree in todays market I have seen some sweet complete rollers including electronics for 10K some even lower.....I'd have to pass on that deal :cool:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Might shout at Scott Young at Young's Fabrication. He's on here as hemiracer I think. He gets 'em like this for updates and fixing phuck ups. He's a SFI guru, too. Shoot 'em a PM.

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
I don't know about this one Dude it's kinda "Iffy". Alot of variables to consider atleast it's C/M! If it was M/S I would pass. If you think it's a fair trade for the bike (Since you really don't want it anyway) & you have been looking to get in a Roadster & realize how much work is left in it to get you where you need to be well then maybe you should consider it. Whatever you do don't do like a Zillion other Dudes ALWAYS end up doing....jumping right in the first deal you see!!!! So many people do that & a couple days after the deal is done it's like..."Damn did I Fuck Up"? or "Shit! I should of waited" Hey we live once! If you like it & it's what you want then go for it! Your the one who is taking it down the Track!!! Either way...Best Of Luck to ya!! :cool:

·
Grade 8 Motorsports
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I'm going to pass on the deal. I dont really have any desire to race the thing, just was thinking it might be something I could put a little bit of labor and a couple dollars into, to then sell and make a few bucks. It's looking like it might be too much work for too little money it seems. Thanks for the opinions!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts