Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow will be a BBQ thanks to AB for a job that was suppose to be new steel erection , decked and rubber roofed in 14 days . 16,900 sqf. done by all UNION labor ! We showed up and hit hard , my hat is of to all involved . Management from AB was great to work with . This building was hit by a tornado and the damage was severe . By completing this job ahead of schedule it will save them a $1million week ! Great job to all the Ironworkers involved !

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Only People who NEED Unions are Union Bosses and Democrat Politicians
Spidey I know you are a hater , but I take a lot of pride in the jobs I do ! Whether it be Ironworking or side jobs , I thing I will not do is sacrifice the quality ! Like I tell my boss , it is not in my DNA !

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
Have you ever set 5 tons of iron over your head in 1 piece ? LOL , you guys do kill me sometimes thinking that you are better than everybody , LOL ! :p
Not using union iron workers would be a bit reckless.

Study the plight of early coal miners, 8 y.o. kids working 12 hour days, mine owners shooting at strikers. Some comments here are just ''we hate unions'', very myopic, blanket statements don't work here.

·
Head Phuckstick
18,680 Posts
Have you ever set 5 tons of iron over your head in 1 piece ? LOL , you guys do kill me sometimes thinking that you are better than everybody , LOL ! :p
Yep. Ever welded four forty foot sections of twelve foot dia. casing on the ground and stood it up in one shoot to go in the ground?

That string of cans weighed 80,000lbs and we still have to put a bulkhead on it that has five foot of concrete in it.

Needless to say that crawler is a 275 ton unit and they are brining in a 650 ton hydro to lift that string on cans up. WOOT WOOT

And innershield 233 (.072) can suck my ball sack. I hate that shit.

Shannon

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not using union iron workers would be a bit reckless.
Thinks Pro for seeing the benefits of some great training ! Here in the STL. we are very fortunate to have some very good hands !

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yep. Ever welded four forty foot sections of twelve foot dia. casing on the ground and stood it up in one shoot to go in the ground?

That string of cans weighed 80,000lbs and we still have to put a bulkhead on it that has five foot of concrete in it.

Needless to say that crawler is a 275 ton unit and they are brining in a 650 ton hydro to lift that string on cans up. WOOT WOOT

And innershield 233 (.072) can suck my ball sack. I hate that shit.

Shannon
Yep. Drill em and fill em too!

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
hater ..no a forced to join teamster
Bingo!!!!!
The reason most hate unions.
the most worthless over sized union today... Teamsters union has ruined the name for unions.
Most plants and production facilities are ran by the teamsters or on the platform of the teamsters...

People do not understand the building trades.. People just assume all unions are like the life sucking teamsters...
"unions" are not all the same.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts