Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy Joe Morrison just completed his licensing runs for top fuel.
And guess who was there to celebrate with him?

Shes still so cool to this day, ive been to her house a few times.
Another freind of mine does their AC work, and I was lucky enough to tag along.

·
Super Moderator
49,576 Posts
Awesome!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Really cool.. ! I saw Pam alot back in the growing up years ( lots of midwest booked in show stuff ) .. and Jim as well obviously.. Although we were primarily bb/ based as opposed to their aa/ ...

Lots of official nhra stuff too, and was always rooting for them .

He / they were great at promotion , hype , fan based support, etc.. But also hard working - it aint fun hitting that many shows back in the 70's..

Familiarity, and similarities were confirmed and enlightening when Draglist did the top 100 compilation at the 50 yr mark.. dad and Jim ended up tied at 51st spot.. which was interesting when weighed with the huge amount of non-sanctioned ( booked - in shows and appearances - matches - and off record racing ) as opposed to the points chasers..

Congrats to your friend also.. not a small accomplishment to hold a current TF license in these days...

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really cool.. ! I saw Pam alot back in the growing up years ( lots of midwest booked in show stuff ) .. and Jim as well obviously.. Although we were primarily bb/ based as opposed to their aa/ ...

Lots of official nhra stuff too, and was always rooting for them .

He / they were great at promotion , hype , fan based support, etc.. But also hard working - it aint fun hitting that many shows back in the 70's..

Familiarity, and similarities were confirmed and enlightening when Draglist did the top 100 compilation at the 50 yr mark.. dad and Jim ended up tied at 51st spot.. which was interesting when weighed with the huge amount of non-sanctioned ( booked - in shows and appearances - matches - and off record racing ) as opposed to the points chasers..

Congrats to your friend also.. not a small accomplishment to hold a current TF license in these days...
Thats really cool about your dad, what was his name?
You can PM me that if youd prefer.
Great story!

·
Aviation Section
24,884 Posts
Good for her! She represents the sport like a Boss! J, you also do a great job and thanks for your Dad's contribution! Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts