Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Trans brake is harder on parts. Footbraking takes all the lash out of the driveline so when the car launchs the forces are already applied to all components. When on the trans brake all the driveline components are "relaxed". When button is released it slams all the parts together and moves, like a stick car just not as bad because the converter takes some of the shock loads.

Most will say a transbrake is faster due to how it hits the suspension and when you leave your already at WOT. I think that sums it up for the most part

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Trans brake is harder on parts. Footbraking takes all the lash out of the driveline so when the car launchs the forces are already applied to all components. When on the trans brake all the driveline components are "relaxed". When button is released it slams all the parts together and moves, like a stick car just not as bad because the converter takes some of the shock loads.

Most will say a transbrake is faster due to how it hits the suspension and when you leave your already at WOT. I think that sums it up for the most part
X2 not very often do people blow the pinion out of the rear foot braking

·
Registered
2,053 Posts

x2 transbrake is harder

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
plus with a brake, hardest launch i have been reading is with a 2 step with leaving lower rpm which will whack the converter...i have a 2 step time to test theory :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts