Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when plumbing a single stage fogger, how critical is it for the tubing lengths to be close to matching in length or is it not critical at all? reason i ask is i amd taking apart a fogger which was made by a very reputable company and the inside 2 cyls are about have the length of the outside 2. just kinda figured one would want them similar in lengths when i re make them.

·
Super Moderator
12,128 Posts
The length is not as critical as many think it may be.. The funny part is when guys try and use all equal lengths and have to put more bends in the center tubes to use up the length, the fluid feels more resistance (from the bends) and thinks the tube is longer then the othe ones... :rolleyes: Just my two cents.. SJ

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
When the solenoid opens it'll fill all tubes before pushing the liquid thru the pills, it looks to me that the longest tubes get liquid thru the pill a few milliseconds before the shortest. I guess it is that way because it is easier to fill empty tubes than it is to push the liquid thru the pill and the liquid in the longer tubes have momentum and greater mass than the liquid in the shorter tubes.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
It would probably be no different than the bars in a plate system. You know full well the nitrous side fills the entire length of the tube and starts spraying all the way down, long before the fuel side. But, I don't see it hurting performance in that short of a time span.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the intellegent responses gentleman .. kinda was i was thinking but a curious question

1 - 5 of 5 Posts