Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at an FN A1 Special Police Rifle in 300 WSM. Just wondering if anybody has any experience with the rifle or cartridge. I can get a reasonably good deal on it. It was special ordered by a fella that died of a heart attack four days later, so it's sitting at the store.

It looks to be an extremely nice piece. Pre '64 Win. style action, hammer forged mil-spec match barrel, Mcmillan glass stock. It also has a Nikon Monarch "longrange" BDC scope. It's new, unfired, and might be just the ticket for long range matches.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the intrusion, found this thread through google. I've been trying to track down an A1 in 300 WSM forever, if you end up passing up on the deal I would be extremely grateful if you could let me know the contact info for the dealer that has it, thank you.

·
Registered
12,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the intrusion, found this thread through google. I've been trying to track down an A1 in 300 WSM forever, if you end up passing up on the deal I would be extremely grateful if you could let me know the contact info for the dealer that has it, thank you.
I'll can let you know if I don't get it, but I need a way to get ahold of you. I can't PM you.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My rifle doesnt recoil bad.....since I put a muzzlebrake on it. I have shot 4 deer with it, 2 ran, 2 dropped. I started with 180gr ballistic tips. They messed up way too much meat. Huge exit holes. I moved to the 180 gr xp3 bullets and the exit holes werent as bad and not as much meat messed up. It shoots 10" low at 400 with the 180gr xp3's. This is in a 700LSS Remington.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts