Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a large FMIC in close proximity to my Coolant Radiator. Should I build a dividing plate to divert the heated air from the FMIC from then going over the coolant radiator? Kinda sounds rediculous to have 200 degree air leaving the FMIC and blowing onto a radiator that is supposed to take 200 degree coolant and lower its temp. how could that ever work! I think i need to divert this discharged air and bring in a separate source of cool air for the radiator. anyone else have this problem? my coolant temps are getting pretty hot now that its summer time when just cruising, and the last time i made a quarter mile pass, my radiator overflowed and dumped all my coolant! track was mad at me. :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a large FMIC in close proximity to my Coolant Radiator. Should I build a dividing plate to divert the heated air from the FMIC from then going over the coolant radiator? Kinda sounds rediculous to have 200 degree air leaving the FMIC and blowing onto a radiator that is supposed to take 200 degree coolant and lower its temp. how could that ever work! I think i need to divert this discharged air and bring in a separate source of cool air for the radiator. anyone else have this problem? my coolant temps are getting pretty hot now that its summer time when just cruising, and the last time i made a quarter mile pass, my radiator overflowed and dumped all my coolant! track was mad at me. :)
I have the same problem >>> I dont have a clue on where to start

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I too had the same problem. Ran a 3core Race Procharger FMICwith a Becool 1000hp capable radiator with twin 13" Spals. Ran cooler than I would have hoped but still got hot when in boost in stop go traffic. You need a few inches between the FMIC and radiator for them to have a chance. Also the stock radiator top cover plate ensures the incoming air goes thru the radiator after the FMIC and not over it. Oh, and check your timing.

I ended up selling them and now have two smaller much lighter radiators and an AIS injection system. I hope to run a lot cooler when it gets going..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts