Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Security jus sayin crew
50,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some to find out my Flywheel is internally balanced and my motor is Externally balanced. This is the reason why Bellhousing broke back in july.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Dude I would have thought you would have felt that way before it did this kind of distruction. If it was the flywheel that did this.. whats the bearings in the motor look like? Tell us more about the combo in the car. Stock frame,tube car,trans mnt type,ect.

·
Security jus sayin crew
50,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure on the bearings in the motor. My engine guy said everything sounds fine in the motor but we are refreshen in the off season. As for the combo 468 roller motor, 400 turbo, 9 inch rear 4.86 gear 35 spline axles. Fully tubbed.

·
Security jus sayin crew
50,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So put the new flywheel on the car and find the new transmission case cracked already. I cant catch a break

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Are you mounting the trans with a solid mt? If so shit can it and go to a polyurethane mnt. After you get the new trans in it set your cross member up in the car with the mnt bolted to the trans. and see if the bolt holes line up with the crossmember bolt holes. Thinking you might be dealing with a binding issue or something. It shouldn't be snapping cases like this(obviously). Double and tripple check everything!

·
Security jus sayin crew
50,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you mounting the trans with a solid mt? If so shit can it and go to a polyurethane mnt. After you get the new trans in it set your cross member up in the car with the mnt bolted to the trans. and see if the bolt holes line up with the crossmember bolt holes. Thinking you might be dealing with a binding issue or something. It shouldn't be snapping cases like this(obviously). Double and tripple check everything!
No solid mount.

I am hoping that it tracked when I had the other flywheel in the car. We may just found it now whn we the flywheel in the car. Doesnt look bad, might be able to weld up the crack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts