Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the advantage of having your system flowed? does your et pick up im thinking of getting my plate and fogger system flowed what is the advantage ? i dont have distrabution problems that i know of thanks in advance for the replys :cool:

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
I'm not a expert on flowing anything. But my guess is someone will flow nitrous and fuel thru your system and come up with a possible jet map for you. Maybe it will give you a idea of how much you can spray before you have flow problems?

I would like to know myself.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Its not only added insurance, its just a good measurement of having someone look things over. I had a fogger system where the coil in it was bad (fuel side), didn't know it, but Steve Johnson caught it. It also will give you a good balance of where your system is power-wise and what its capable of. IMO its good money well spent to make sure things in the system(s) are checking out good/even.........

Wes

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Forgot to say that before you really want to start GETTING AFTER IT, its a good idea to have things looked at and properly modified/adjusted. I'm sure Steve or Monte will have better answers.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
How do they figure that out?
Hell I don't know, they'll chime in and give us a more "nitrous tuner" appropriate professional answer......lol.

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
All companies, be it NOS, Edelbrock, Speedtech, whoever, buy the majority of their parts from the same place. Solenoids come from either Peter/Paul or Parker. Some even have the same shops machine their nozzles. The point is, these are all mass produced parts, that are grabbed off the shelf, blister packed and sent to you in a kit. We (NOS) don't check every piece, neither does anybody else. Every solenoid is not checked at the place of manufacture, neither is every nozzle or dist block. I have seen a pair of solenoids from a store bought kit, free flow 200 lbs/hr difference. If you had these on either side of a fogger, you would have a hard time ever getting it sorted. Having your kit "flowed" or installed by someone such as myself, Steve, Prock, or others, gets every part inspected and optimized to its potential. If you send me your used stuff and I flow it on my bench, I know what it should pass, given everything is working correctly. If the numbers come up light, I start looking as to why. Plus there are some small flow differences in jets and other parts from company to company. The tune that works great in your buddys brand x fogger, may not work in yours. Lbs/hr are the numbers that matter, but you have to make sure your stuff is flowing what it should to achieve proper N/F ratios, based on these numbers. Does every racer who runs nitrous need this service..not likely, but if you are running big hits on a single kit, or especially a multi kit deal, the money you spend could definitely be recouped by knowing the numbers and hopefully not hurting as many parts. I say "as many parts" because if you run big loads of nitrous in an attempt to go fast, you are going to eventually hurt some stuff, but with a professionally setup system, that scenario is usually lots less often.

Monte

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so by flowing your kit it allows you an optimal tuneup and knowing that everything is flowing the way it should im planning on hitting mine with 2 good size kits and its a 6 inch rod stock height 434 it takes the32-28 tune up very well uses 4 lbs of nitrous per pass thinking it needs checking or upgrading

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
I see a problem already there Everett. A 6" rod, 434 in a stock height block, has no compression distance to speak of. That will be a VERY fragile piston for two guns. You beter make sure you have someone check that stuff out for you, even at that, it will be very touchy.

Monte

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i know its a good motor par built he said 400 no problem i am gonna put a little more on it than that you probrally wouldnt beleive what it runs on the 1 kit i would say but got a couple of races coming up it seems to love the gas i am gonna see about having it checked

·
Registered
365 Posts
lol no crap Monte! That think is gonna be a piston eatin' mo fo no matter who built it. U just cant get a good thick deck nitrous piston in a stock deck height 434 w a 6'' rod....period! Especially spraying more than 400! I am not dogging on your stuff Everatt nor is Monte, we are here to help lol

·
Super Moderator
12,238 Posts
Hey Everett,
Monte pretty well hit the nail on the head. Many who do installs just take the parts out and whip them on. I have heard many guys say how they plumbed there manifold in just a few hours ??? One of the main deals we do is go through each and every part, then flow each system as well..
One of the other things I always tell my guys your getting for your money is another team member !! ;) I don't claim to have all the answers but sometimes just being here for the customer to call and talk things back and forth really can help solve issues or better help you work on your program..
Once we have a chance to go through and flow a system it give us a piece of mind when you call for tech help as we know what you have as well as what is doing or may be limited to.
Hope this helps a little. Give a yell if you want to talk again.. Thanks, guys, Steve

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
lol no crap Monte! That think is gonna be a piston eatin' mo fo no matter who built it. U just cant get a good thick deck nitrous piston in a stock deck height 434 w a 6'' rod....period! Especially spraying more than 400! I am not dogging on your stuff Everatt nor is Monte, we are here to help lol
I'm dealing with the same situation right now with a customer. I have a Wilson 2 stage I am selling to him, I told him w/ an 1" of compression height, it doesn't leave much room for a set of rings and any piston up top. I told him he "should" be ok spraying 400 at it, but I told him anymore then that and he is on slippery slopes.

I would shorten the rod up to get some more room. Going with a 5.7 rod will get you down to 1.42 rod ratio, but at least you get to 1.300 CH.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wouldnt that require both rods and new piston and with the 4.00 inch stroke wouldnt it put to much load on the sidewall what about 5.85 rods would that be enough with a set of new custom pistons? im trying to get the most out of what i have for now

·
Registered
254 Posts
id be scared to spray 400 with that ch ,,, u slip up one time on ur tune and its a goner. i dont care who ya are..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts