Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey steve can u explan why your way will work better then the way nitrous express way of flowing the regulators the have a jet to flow with for each hp rating i read your note on your website for flowing fuel pressure but dont understand it please explain thanks

·
Registered
14,521 Posts
I have not posted in a while so I will jump right into the fire....

It does not matter what jet you use to calibrate your regulator,

By using various jets the results will be more linear.

By using one jet you will not have to worry about changing the jet in your flow tool ( like if you have 3 kits with different jets in each kit).

The main thing is that a flow tool is used to be able to repeat a fuel pressure setting that results in optimal performance (that is a pound/flowing number is used to repeat a tuning result, not determine one), so in my book it does not matter how you go about getting to that number and whether it is 5.0 or 5.6 if it represents the same amount of flow through the jets (of the kit during a run) then it gets you to the same baseline. The only important thing is not to use Nitrous Express's method (different jets) with Steve's pressure recommendations or visa versa.

At the end of the day I, like Steve, prefer to flow through a standard jet since you do not have to worry about changing jets in the flow tool ( or more importantly, worry about forgetting to change them) when flowing multiple stages.

Hope this helps, I don't think Steve will mind me stepping on his toes on this one...I don't think he likes typing these long convuluted answers as much as I do...Of course his answer may have been more cogent hence shorter ;)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
For a well i was running the gimini twin plate, you had unbolted it from the plate block one jet off and and put on the right recmond jet on the othere side then activate the noid to flow the fuel psi. It was a pain in the ass. Then i say the light so i switch over to NS.

hey steve can u explan why your way will work better then the way nitrous express way of flowing the regulators the have a jet to flow with for each hp rating i read your note on your website for flowing fuel pressure but dont understand it please explain thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts