Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what the Florida yellow traffic light duration is supposed to be for a 45 mph zone? I've looked everywhere and haven't had any luck.

My girlfriend got a ticket from one of those cameras and the time from yellow to red is only 3.7 seconds. I heard that 4.3 to 4.5 seconds is the norm but have yet to find it.

Thanks guys!

·
Banned
31,418 Posts
Anybody know what the Florida yellow traffic light duration is supposed to be for a 45 mph zone? I've looked everywhere and haven't had any luck.

My girlfriend got a ticket from one of those cameras and the time from yellow to red is only 3.7 seconds. I heard that 4.3 to 4.5 seconds is the norm but have yet to find it.

Thanks guys!

theres a state mandate you can look up-i believe the info given here is correct

and all traffic cameras in florida will now had to also follow this pattern,no more quick yellows leading to a ticket...

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
theres a state mandate you can look up-i believe the info given here is correct

and all traffic cameras in florida will now had to also follow this pattern,no more quick yellows leading to a ticket...
I've looked damn near everywhere ( FDOT, FDMV, etc) and still can't find a definetive law/ statue.:smt076

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
I've looked damn near everywhere ( FDOT, FDMV, etc) and still can't find a definetive law/ statue.:smt076
Got a buddy who is w/ LCSO...I'll se if he will answer his phone and see if he can get me the statute. But like others have said it is 1 sec per 10 mph...been that way for ages, just not necessarily in law form. My dad was OCSO and he told me that formula and he retired in 99'.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts

Thanks guys!
How do you know it's only 3.7 seconds from yellow to red?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
That's pretty cool. I didn't know that but I haven't gotten busted by one of those yet. I'm glad you didn't say "I timed it with a stop watch". :p

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
it would be easy enough to time with a digital video camera, but I don't think they would believe you in court that you didn't stretch the time or something.

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
Florida yellows are a joke! There are some lights that when they go yellow you BETTER slam on the brakes or you will be running a red light. And yes, they have cameras on them! One of them is on 434 in Winter Springs near the high school.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Florida yellows are a joke! There are some lights that when they go yellow you BETTER slam on the brakes or you will be running a red light. And yes, they have cameras on them! One of them is on 434 in Winter Springs near the high school.
Yes they are! The same light that got my GF is the newest camera in Apopka and the yellow is way shorter than it used to be. I almost got popped( had to STAND on the brakes) @ the same intersection about 2 weeks prior and I watch that light like a hawk because the yellow is so short.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Yes they are! The same light that got my GF is the newest camera in Apopka and the yellow is way shorter than it used to be. I almost got popped( had to STAND on the brakes) @ the same intersection about 2 weeks prior and I watch that light like a hawk because the yellow is so short.
I havent' forgotten...just waiting to hear back from my buddy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts