Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister is looking to move to Stewart Florida, can anyone tell me about it Good and Bad? thanks

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Stuart is north of Palm Beach. Not a terribly bad place. For the most part, if you are in Northern Palm Beach or north of that, you are out of most of the cesspool. The tri county area , Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade is a shit hole for the most part. I am sure it will break from the US and latch on to some Caribbean or South American country, since that is mostly who lives here. But she should be ok in Stuart.

·
Aviation Section
25,363 Posts
Stuart is a nice area, lots of deals up that way, plenty of people retired there and found they couldn't stay when the markets took a shit, she should be able to make a very good deal on housing. Dave

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
I lived on my boat in Stuart for 2 years, and in the area for another 5 years. If you have a condo by the water it is a very nice place. If you work and must commute it can be hell, traffic can be as bad as Palm Beach Co. You can find a decent place in town for 100k, condo's cheaper. Great place if you like the water, boating.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Does she have a job in that perticular area? If your looking for a bargain port saint lucie is the place ..Its pretty much newer homes a lot more updated style and there are a ton of repos cheap...you can get a 4 bdrm pool home for a 100,000 or less easy..and stuart or palm beach is only 30 min. or less away.They have good schools and a lot of community stuff to do too..

·
Aviation Section
25,363 Posts
That is very true, the are a lot of better deals up Port St. Lucie way. Dave

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Very nice place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the daily grind.
Very pleasant place...friendly people, and good food.

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
I lived in PT.ST.Lucie also and would never reccomend it ! Lying, overpaid polititions who have sunk the town, many millions in dept. And the traffic is horrible, most people commute, U.S.1 and P.S.L. blvd is gridlock in certain hours.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Wouldn't buy a house in PSL due to Taxes but if shes renting would be ok.. Jensen Beach is very nice just north of Stuart also. There's some bad areas in Stuart like port salarno area so be careful in that area..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts