thanks

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
Chinese drywall...

·
Registered
585 Posts
I haven't a clue, me and the wife have been looking also, mostly around the Panama City area. I will tell you this, from my understanding the insurance is higher than the house payment! Those hurricanes can tear some shit up!

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
???????? say what

now crappy dryway please

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't a clue, me and the wife have been looking also, mostly around the Panama City area. I will tell you this, from my understanding the insurance is higher than the house payment! Those hurricanes can tear some shit up!

ya we are thing 40 now maybe buy 65 it'll be paid off and can enjoy it lol lolo

wife has a good friend that got one off the bank for 110 000 $ it saposed to be worth 350 000$

another freind of my dad got a 2 bed room condo for 40 [email protected]
i ve got a few more like those story's but the spend lots of time in florida so they found deals

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just take a drive in any area you are looking and bound to find a home in just about any area you look ...

would love to but i would like to see some on line before going down and looking into some , just to get a good idea

·
Registered
585 Posts
They are there no doubt, real estate is a good thing to get into if you can swing it. My wife wants a house in Fla. bad, I told her lets just rent/lease one for a summer and see how many times we actually use it before jumping in. I would rather be able to walk away right now, instead of taking on anything. UNLESS I could find one for a steal.............We are taking a trip in a couple of weeks, I will start checking out the area again while I am there.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good on you
from what im told there are plenty of deals
just facebooked with my cousin and he told me he and his dad just picked one up last week , don't have detales but was told it was a steel

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
???????? say what

now crappy dryway please
Yep. Chinese drywall is giving off chemical vapors and eating up the wiring and plumbing. Plus, it's making homeowners sick to the point of them leaving their homes. Do the research...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yep. Chinese drywall is giving off chemical vapors and eating up the wiring and plumbing. Plus, it's making homeowners sick to the point of them leaving their homes. Do the research...

You can obtain governtment grant's for up to $8k to fix homes with lead based paint, im sure there's something in their with cheap ass drywall you just have to know where to look. Also I wouldn't be hesitant about a house like that, you could practically steal it....

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Buy a nice motorhome. If you find out you don't like Florida, you can just pick up and go somewhere else. Winters in Florida, summer in the mountains. No property taxes or common area fees, if you don't like your neighbors, move to another park, if a hurricane is coming, move out of state.

For the same money you could get a motor home with a fireplace, washer/dryer - all the comforts of home.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Ya we're looking in the Clearwater area right now. Seems you find a REALLY nice house in a shitty neighborhood or a shitty house in a nicer area.

·
Registered
693 Posts
a friend of mine has a house down there and he said it's crazy with the pricing of houses. I had another friend who just bought 5 houses there with the stupid prices, wish I could do the same.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I live in Tampa and have a second home in New Port Richey. Both homes are very nice. The one I live in is gated and we have some very good prices on them right now.

The deal is if you can pay cash your much better off. You do not have to have the high dollar insurance. As for condo's most if not all banks will not do a loan on them. It's cash only but you can steal them for next to nothing. They are as low as $45,000 for some very nice units, Great for a vacation home.

As for the Oil.... that's why we own pools, we leave the beach the spring break kid's

One of the best parts.... racing year round

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Buy a nice motorhome. If you find out you don't like Florida, you can just pick up and go somewhere else. Winters in Florida, summer in the mountains. No property taxes or common area fees, if you don't like your neighbors, move to another park, if a hurricane is coming, move out of state.

For the same money you could get a motor home with a fireplace, washer/dryer - all the comforts of home.
This way here you have a nice house anywhere you want and you can tow your race car.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts