Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my son recently moved to Daytona from central Florida-last Sunday he returned to Daytona with another load of stuff from his previous house
when he walked in he had found someone had broken in and stolen stuff-they must have known he was gonna be gone for a while, went thru all his boxes and stuff
they stole his TV, laptop, 9 mm pistol, camera, and a coin collection, plus misc. stuff
cops spent a while there, looking for fingerprints-they were able to see where the grass had been matted down, leading from his house to another residence-the cops went over there,but got nothing-in talking to neighbors, some suspected it was prob these people, as they are prob some worthless debris-kind of put a real damper on what was supposed to be something he was looking forward to, new job, new house, now you cant trust your neighbors-i thought the cops would have been a little more interested in a missing gun, esp with enough evidence pointing to another residence, get a search warrent
now he has to have a fence put up, security system, etc-prob never get anything back
of course, now he worries everytime he has to leave the house-cops fig it was kids, they left all his tools-to bad the laws protect the crooks so much
i'll be taking a trip down there soon, help set up some "old school" tricks if they should make a return visit-get some use out of my old training, lol
anyone hears of someone trying to hustle coins, gun, camera, etc in the Daytona area PM me

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Thats about the worst,,moving in and someone steals your shit as you make another run.

Hope you find them.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
This sucks. Crime is not bad here. One of the virtues of living in this area. What general area was this in?

·
Donnie Vincent
5,970 Posts
we need more info on the location and maybe print off some flyers and offer a reward of some sort. My best friend lived in Daytona for a long time and knows alot of people so maybe he could help out with flyers. I'd start at Tattoo zone by Stano, I'm sure he would let you hang some flyers there, not to mention tattoo shops get alot of scum bags coming and going. Hope he finds the trash that did it..good luck.

heres a link to Stano's tattoo shop.
http://local.yahoo.com/info-13928609-tattoo-zone-by-stano-daytona-beach

·
Registered
19,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i havent been down there since he moved, he works for Nascar now, so i think he's about 15 mins from the racetrack-i'll try and get what area that is called

·
"Someday"
2,425 Posts
I just had a similar thing happen. Except they broke into the house i was moving OUT of. Stole a bunch of nonsense stuff. Then they got into my shop, stole some more nonsense. THen they got my 63 chevy 2 wagon....ugh

·
draggin' ass
13,411 Posts
Scary part is these fuckers are proably his new neighbors. Dont think it was random. Someone say him moving in and saw him leave. Welcome to the neighborhood. What part of Daytona? Lots of ruff patches there.

·
having fun
31,271 Posts
my son recently moved to Daytona from central Florida-last Sunday he returned to Daytona with another load of stuff from his previous house
when he walked in he had found someone had broken in and stolen stuff-they must have known he was gonna be gone for a while, went thru all his boxes and stuff
they stole his TV, laptop, 9 mm pistol, camera, and a coin collection, plus misc. stuff
cops spent a while there, looking for fingerprints-they were able to see where the grass had been matted down, leading from his house to another residence-the cops went over there,but got nothing-in talking to neighbors, some suspected it was prob these people, as they are prob some worthless debris-kind of put a real damper on what was supposed to be something he was looking forward to, new job, new house, now you cant trust your neighbors-i thought the cops would have been a little more interested in a missing gun, esp with enough evidence pointing to another residence, get a search warrent
now he has to have a fence put up, security system, etc-prob never get anything back
of course, now he worries everytime he has to leave the house-cops fig it was kids, they left all his tools-to bad the laws protect the crooks so much
i'll be taking a trip down there soon, help set up some "old school" tricks if they should make a return visit-get some use out of my old training, lol
anyone hears of someone trying to hustle coins, gun, camera, etc in the Daytona area PM me

tell him to check local pawn shops

what area of central florida?

·
I am The Dentist
50,953 Posts
When I was in Floriduh, it was my experience that the cops really didn't give two shits about stolen property. I had my truck stolen, and found all the custom parts on another truck a while later in Orlando. The Orlando PD didn't want to talk to Polk County Sheriff about it.
So when I found the truck a second time in my town, and got the tag number, I called Polk County and gave them the tag number. "Well... you were paid off by the insurance company, so you're not the victim anymore, they are, so you don't have standing to make the complaint. And to be honest, I'm too busy to deal with one stolen vehicle."

Fuck Floriduh... I moved out of the state after that, and that was a big part of the reason.

-Brad

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
Daytona PD can suck it long and hard , they harass all the people for turkey Rod run & Bike week ( why do you think BR moved his party to Ormond Beach right off I 95 ) I won't return anytime soon . sorry about your son but He'll enjoy spring break there just avoid the popo..

·
Registered
19,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the area is called Port Orange, on the edge of Daytona

·
Registered
485 Posts
At least you can shoot intruders down there. In Canada, if he falls and breaks a leg in your house while he is robbing you, he can sue you.
Now that is injustice

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
Had my NEIGHBORS try to break into my house while I was at home! They thought I was at work because it was a weekday. Surprise! Gun in your face motherphucker! I had that Cuban bitch crying.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
the area is called Port Orange, on the edge of Daytona
How about the nearest crossroads/subdivision? I grew up and went to school in Port Orange. I know LOTS of people in P.O. Fortunately the Port Orange police are much more willing to investigate these things than Daytona police. Crime is low there and they want to keep it that way. This may not be difficult to resolve.

·
Photoshop Pisser Offer
3,461 Posts
Welcome to the neighborhood!
That sux!

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
That sucks man. Same thing happen to a friend of mine except they stole mainly guns. They had to make 2 or 3 trips and the same deal as your son. You could follow the foot steps from his door to the neighbors door. Local sherriff said they could not do anything about it with out a warrant.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts