Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will installing alum solid mt bushings from Global West on a 67 camaro eliminate any type of flexing issues? Car has roll cage and ladder bar susp with cross member welded to subframe conn that are not doing any good. Was told to replace these conn with tubular would be a big job.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Will installing alum solid mt bushings from Global West on a 67 camaro eliminate any type of flexing issues? Car has roll cage and ladder bar susp with cross member welded to subframe conn that are not doing any good. Was told to replace these conn with tubular would be a big job.
What kind of "flexing issues" are you talking about exactly?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Passenger side fender will pop from underneath windshield mldg. Car has rubber bushings instead of solid mts. Fenders are glass.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Trying to use the body to prevent flexing is not a good idea, for one its not stiff, second it makes the doors not close.

Fix the issue with a proper cage

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its had a cage for a while. No problems there. Most of the posts on YB say to go to solid mount bushings. Should have stayed with metal fenders instead of going to glass.

·
Registered
788 Posts
So, it has rubber body bushings, 'glass fenders, and no bars from the cage to the front of the subframe? Yea, it's gonna move a bunch. The metal fenders (and inner fenders) are an integral part of the structure on a stock f-body.

As stated above, solid mounts and (mostly) bars from the cage to the front of the subframe are required.

60' times will likely improve, also.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
^^^What I was getting at but didn't feel like typing that much. lol Just as a check, jack it up, put stands under the rear of the subframe and jack the crossmember up and down and watch your fender to door gaps. Kind of scary on some I've seen. Mine was bad with solid bushings and no cage.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just spoke to chassis shop tonight and going with solid bushings and a pillars to front sub frame. Pillars go in around Sept , Oct. Not racing car , keeping for street but still want it right.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
You'd be surprised how much flex a chassis can exhibit even with a good cage. Fixin' to slap an anti roll bar in mine....and on mine you can put the jack under the one side of the rear end and pick up both the back tires and the front one on the side the jack is on.

Oh, and the door gaps don't even change. Still twists like a bitch under acceleration though. Worse now with the glass doors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts