Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I picked up a piece of flex pipe at the auto parts store. I got a 2" ID so it's bigger than the gen exhaust pipe. That way it sucks in cool air as the hot air goes up the pipe. I took a 7' pipe and cemented it in a 5 gal bucket (I had used it as a flag pole). Took a 10' piece of PVC pipe and duct taped it to the pipe., Cheap exhaust system.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/janders1_photos/PICT0280.jpg

·
The Godfather
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks! The pvc dont get hott then?
It does and there's some changes I'm going to make next time. Just as we were leaving, we realized that the PVC I had wasn't long enough to get above the roof of the RV. We stopped at Home Depot on the way to pick up a longer piece. My buddy went in and got the wrong size. We ended up with the flex pipe attached directly to the smaller/too short piece of PVC and slid the bigger PVC down over it. It got warm but not burst into flames warm. Up top where the outer PVC was above the inner PVC it bent over a little bit. Probably because we put a string from it to tie it off to the roof and it pulled on it. Next time, I intend to use a single bigger PVC pipe and have the flex pipe go just up inside of it and put some tabs to keep it centered inside the pipe. That way it can also pull in some cooler air around where the flex meets the PVC.

It's not as complicated as it sounds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts