Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience using these? I have been using mostly cometic MLS over the past many years, but am tempted to try these out.
Looking for experience- durability, leakers?, weak, etc etc.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14,578 Posts
I've had good experience with them.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Anyone have experience using these? I have been using mostly cometic MLS over the past many years, but am tempted to try these out.
Looking for experience- durability, leakers?, weak, etc etc.
Thanks in advance.
Are you talking about the clear coated ones?
If so, I've used them with o-rings on, turbo and blown drag week builds. No leaks at all, 1000-2000+whp.
We use allot of their un-coated ones on our alchohol/no water drag race stuff too. Seem to be good. They are made with very tight tolerances , so I've had to work a couple of dowl holes here and there.

·
Registered
54,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you talking about the clear coated ones?
If so, I've used them with o-rings on, turbo and blown drag week builds. No leaks at all, 1000-2000+whp.
We use allot of their un-coated ones on our alchohol/no water drag race stuff too. Seem to be good. They are made with very tight tolerances , so I've had to work a couple of dowl holes here and there.
The are called RCC Copper. Rubber coated copper core.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
The are called RCC Copper. Rubber coated copper core.
Yep, that's them. As I said, the only experience I have is with o-rings, but water leaks were non existent. I even had to re-use a pair (350*+ ait will cook the loctite out of throttle blade screws! Lol), but a light cote of Hylomar and they were good to go again.
What is the combo, and why are you looking to go away from mls?

·
Registered
14,578 Posts
Yep, that's them. As I said, the only experience I have is with o-rings, but water leaks were non existent. I even had to re-use a pair (350*+ ait will cook the loctite out of throttle blade screws! Lol), but a light cote of Hylomar and they were good to go again.
I had to re-use a set on a 2700hp blown alky engine. Called to ask what they though about using CopperCoat over the coating. Was told it would ruin the gaskets and was treated like an idiot for even asking. Did it anyway...no problems.
350* IAT??? :eek:

·
Registered
54,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a street driven blower motor. Nothing insane on boost.
I have used MLS very successfully, but I ran across these and thought they might be a bit better for a car with boost that sees lots of miles. So, its mostly a curiosity and not a solution to any problem.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I use them in my 2500 hp blown TD BBC 30lbs boost. Orings in the heads, receiver grooves in the block. Wet block and heads and have not had any leaks. Also have re used them and sprayed with copper coat. Again no leaks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts