Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a n 18 ft Aluminium tilt and tow a 5k lb+ vehicle with my suburban. it tows my vehicle well with all my crap in the suburban. problem is my jeep very low and i still need to use a set of ramps. 10k lb winch is mounted to the tilt platform. The main thing i dis-like is the fact that I have to load and unload all my crap for every race from the suburban

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a 20’ open and am having a hard time finding a pre-build racers box. Are all of these essentially custom built? I’d love to come across plans, materials list, etc. Hell, even a YouTube on a racer box build would be helpful! The box would minimize what has to be up/Dow loaded each trip to the track. Open trailers are to tool of choice for us show-offs!

·
Registered
543 Posts
That's why I built my own trailer. I built it low so I can put it in my garage with the car own it . My garage door is only 7 1/2 ft tall.

·
The Phantom Machinist
1,916 Posts
I have a 20’ open and am having a hard time finding a pre-build racers box. Are all of these essentially custom built? I’d love to come across plans, materials list, etc. Hell, even a YouTube on a racer box build would be helpful! The box would minimize what has to be up/Dow loaded each trip to the track. Open trailers are to tool of choice for us show-offs!

Here’s the one I put on my open trailer. Enough room for the winch, battery, axle straps, ratchet tie downs, msc hold downs and a couple wheel chocks.
It’s not really a box that would hold all your race tools, but 100% of the trailer support gear is in there. It’s damn handy.
You could certainly make a larger version or search their site for more options.

https://www.ruralking.com/better-built-66212321-better-built-trailer-tongue-boxes

·
Registered
44 Posts
I took about 10 years off from racing and when I got back in I wanted a low buck low maintenance simple bracket deal, so I got an open trailer 20' deck and put a big box on the front for all the stuff. Tools, jack, some spare parts(very limited, if it breaks I am taking it home), fuel jugs. I took a large metal cabinet laid it on its side and used some angle iron to build a frame work for some shelving inside. I would post pics if I could.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts