Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't know if a guy that has been a member since 2005 need to post in the Newbie thread first for simple question for my wife. Ok, heres the question:

The wife (For her job) bought a Canon T1i DSLR and she is needing a flash. She take candids (?), I've been looking a the canon 430 EX II But man the price scares me. I was told and been reading that Sigma flashes are nice for the price. Could you guys help me out. She needs a external flash and I don't want to have to get into debt over it. "I knida need to save as much as possible."

The reason I ask is because she thinks we need to spend a fortune on one. But I think I can find a cheaper alternative because she is adamant about this thing having to have a Canon flash.

The equipment she has is
Canon T1i
Canon EFS 55-250
Canon EFS 18-55
Sunpak 58mm Ultraviolet filter

She bought a kit offline but didn't come with a flash, and now that she bought this thing I'm try'n to read as much as I can so I'm not a complete idiot when it comes time for me to use it at the races. LoL :) I hope she bought a decent camera but I've always just used a little canon point and shoot.

Thanks again for your help guys!

Shannon

·
Registered
839 Posts
Stay with Canon. Much better in keeping all signals the same and in TTL mode, it is just plug and shoot and she will get excellent results
The 430 EXII is a decent unit. Should do the job for her. Most people using Canon equipment for pro use are using the 580EXII. It is, in my opinion, the best flash unit on the market.
Also, most of us guys and girls that shoot alot, order equipment from B&H Photo in NY. www.bhphoto.com

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stay with Canon. Much better in keeping all signals the same and in TTL mode, it is just plug and shoot and she will get excellent results
The 430 EXII is a decent unit. Should do the job for her. Most people using Canon equipment for pro use are using the 580EXII. It is, in my opinion, the best flash unit on the market.
Also, most of us guys and girls that shoot alot, order equipment from B&H Photo in NY. www.bhphoto.com
This is why I asked, I would have thought that canon makes nice stuff but would have thought another company would have made flashes that would have been just as good as canon but with out the canon price. Now I guess I'll have to apologize to the wife for calling her crazy for thinking that about flashes. LoL

Shannon

·
Registered
306 Posts
Check out the photography on the net forum, you might be able to save yourself some scratch buying from a member there.

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts
Check out the photography on the net forum, you might be able to save yourself some scratch buying from a member there.

x2 there are good deals to be had. yeah you might only save 20-100 off a new one but it might allow you to step up to a better (insert camera part here) for about the same as a new lower end one.

on my canon i have a 580ex II. But i am very new to using it so have much to learn yet with it.

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Thanks again guys! I guess I'll be looking for a Used 580EX II. I've found a few on ebay for less then $300.

Shannon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts