Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flank steak has kicked my ass a whole bunch of times, but I won today.

Marinade was a little bit of everything:

cilantro stems
white onion
garlic
juice of 1 orange
juice of 1 lime
Olive oil
S&P
Chile powder (shit load)
cumin (plenty)
tumeric
tamarI
oregano
probably some other shit

Let it marinade for a few hours on the counter, cooked on thermo-nuclear charcoal, lid open, 10min ish total.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
nice work! I love flank steak.
I don't know if im making it up or if I read it some where but Flank steak is the, or one of the best meats to absorb the marinade.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Spin, I do almost the same with flank and skirt. But overnight it.
Do it with a charred salsa of tomatillos, jalap, garlic, tomato, poblano, onion. Done in the blender with cilantro and lime.

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
Looks perfect. I used to do a lot of them, single now so not so much, but I really should get back into it.

I remember when that cut was cheap....like 2.00-2.50 pound, then it started getting popular in the 80’s and the price shot up.
Marinade
Hot Grill
Slice against the grain.

That’s the basics for flank.

·
Registered
11,103 Posts
Slicing against the grain is yuge......those pics got me wanting to do a flank, looks great....I would clean that whole cutting board up with a couple pieces of light bread and a cold beer.

·
Former RJ instigator
37,426 Posts
Looks perfect. I used to do a lot of them, single now so not so much, but I really should get back into it.

I remember when that cut was cheap....like 2.00-2.50 pound, then it started getting popular in the 80’s and the price shot up.
Marinade
Hot Grill
Slice against the grain.

That’s the basics for flank.
I good marinade helps too.

·
Registered
34,720 Posts
And if you fubar the steak, just eat the marinade, which sounds to me like it's tastier than the meat anyway. :)

Haven't had flank since my grandmother used to cook it often back when I was just a pup. I'll have to try it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts