Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know if anybody is using these and if so how are you hooking up the retard wires specificlly because using the wiring set up will pull timing as soon as you arm the system.

·
$carface
1,547 Posts
7531 Stage 1 retard is active as soon as I release the trans break, also at this time is when 1st stage turns on with the FJO... I don't know of any other way to do it really. The 12 volts from my trans break goes to the FJO so it will ignore the throttle switch, but when the 12 volts drops the nitrous comes on...

·
Registered
383 Posts
If you are only runnig one stage you can use stage two to trigger your ignition retard. Set it up with the same delay as stage 1 and max it out at 100% and that will get you an output needed to trigger your ignition.

May not be right but works for me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I got it figured out how to keep it from pullin timing till i let off the brake but still trying to figure out how to keep it from pulling timing out for second stage till the nitrous actually comes on without having to use a seperate timer just for retard. There set up has no activation wire for trigger of relays so as soon as i let off brake the relays are hot.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
yeah I got it figured out how to keep it from pullin timing till i let off the brake but still trying to figure out how to keep it from pulling timing out for second stage till the nitrous actually comes on without having to use a seperate timer just for retard. There set up has no activation wire for trigger of relays so as soon as i let off brake the relays are hot.
If I understand correctly, you have hot relays (after TB release) feeding 12V to one side of the solenoids and the FJO completes the ground side to fire the solenoid?

You need a way to generate a 12V signal for the retard when the FJO 2nd stage wire goes to ground?

Convert a Negative Output to a Positive Output:
http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page1.asp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts