Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
My first post here, though I was reading this forum since 2 years ago.
I want to buy Racepak Sportsman's logger. Please look at my yoke picture, what collar ID would you choose - 2.0" or 1.5"?
Anybody knows what is Racepack collar width? Sorry to ask it here, I registered on Racepak forum, still didn't get administration approval, need to order logger ASAP.
Seems like 2.0" would be better choice, more allowance for fore-aft transmission movement. Motor is on solid mounts, tranny mount soft, OEM style. No motor plates.

Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
if i am not mistaken the driveshaft sensor does not go on the yoke in the transmission it goes on the yoke on the diff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The typical placement of the collar is on the yoke on the rear end. With that said, I have mine mounted on the transmission yoke because with my dana rear end I had no easy way of mounting the pickup. If possible I would recommend going the rear end route, but if this isn't possible, I don't believe that the .040 is enough mounting area for the collar so you will probably have to go on the 1.5 area and keep it as far back as possible. Even at that I'm afraid you may have and interference issue with full suspension travel. Good luck

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guy, thanks for replies. I finally got Racepak forum membership approval and ask it there.
Mounting sensor on the rear end is not easy on my car. I believe it's OK to put it on 2" section of the transmission yoke. Clamping force will be high enough to keep collar in place. I can roughen up that area for more friction

1 - 5 of 5 Posts