Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
Some input. I have heard good and bad about fishing after a rain fall. Some say its the best time and others say its the worst. Im heading out tomorrow AM to Paint Creek to do some trout fishing. The local fly shop said it been very good there for trout the past week. Right now it's ready to rain. This river is fed from a lake around 10 miles up stream. The water never gets above 70*'s from what Im reading (and probably why the trout are doing so well in there?) Anyway, would like some opinions on fishing after a rain fall. BTW heavy thunder and lightning right now also

I've never had any luck fishing the Muskegon after a rain. The water is usually dirty, the level is up, the current is up, and the temp is up. I'm not saying it doesn't work, it just doesn't work for me. If I've got an itch to go fish the Muskegon and it's recently rained, I check the flow reports from the USGS before I go. If the reports shows the river is up at all, I don't even bother to go.

Good luck anyhow! Let us know how you do...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.