Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
Bourbon bass mmm , do they have to raise the age on a fishing license now .

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
"Tens of thousands" of fish as they're being counted would probably fit in a one to two mile stretch of that river. Not that big of a deal, even less so without a bunch of Facebook warriors looking for next week's cause.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Never in a million years did I think you would be able to catch pre-seasoned fish

·
Registered
28,546 Posts
They died a horrible death.

Tens of thousands" of fish are dying from water contaminated with Jim Beam after a previously reported warehouse fire resulted in 45,000 barrels being displaced, Bloomberg has reported. And while the fish aren't dying from alcohol poisoning, they reportedly can’t breathe due to sugar from the alcohol, creating a microbe feeding frenzy in the water where they swim, which is reducing oxygen levels in the water and suffocates the fish.

·
Registered
9,686 Posts
There is NO excuse for this "spill over" into fresh water because they should of had a containment wall around the storage area that would have contained the liquid...... Somebody did NOT do their job on design and inspections.

All kidding aside, this is a major environmental catastrophe to this area and never should have happened. :(

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
There is NO excuse for this "spill over" into fresh water because they should of had a containment wall around the storage area that would have contained the liquid...... Somebody did NOT do their job on design and inspections.

All kidding aside, this is a major environmental catastrophe to this area and never should have happened. :(

While I won't dispute the responsibility of the company in protecting the watershed, "major environmental catastrophe" is a bit over-dramatic. This incident will have no long term affects on the river, and the fish kill is on par with a bad winter. Shitty, but it's not that big a deal, relatively speaking.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

I could be wrong, but I believe new warehouses have to be built with some kind of containment system (berm, ditch, etc.) as well as a fire suppression system. The warehouses you read about collapsing and/or burning are very old and are probably grandfathered so they don't have to have that stuff.

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
15,918 Posts
They died of suffocation not being boozed up

·
15,918 Posts
No containment area in 1996 at Heaven Hill

The warehouses fell down and all the liquid fire went down into the creek

·
15,918 Posts

The central KY area is going thru a major new distillery warehouse build boom right now.

I do not see any containment areas around these new warehouses built since 2014

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Look at Lux Row's warehouses and the berms around them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts