Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to the track with my junk last night and got two runs. First off the trailer was a 11.76 and second a 11.55 @ 115mph. Didn't adjust anything and had 20lbs in the tires. So I think I can improve some. But I'm not disapointed with a 9.5 pump gas motor. Went straight, stopped and everything works. Can't wait to do it some more!

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
great job are you going tonite and tomorrow too?

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great job are you going tonite and tomorrow too?
Thanks. No, got a job I have to finish up. Plus they didn't like my fuel line so that need's re-done. I went by the NHRA book but they weren't buying it. Place was full of some really fancy big rigs even last night. Hope the weather holds up for them but forecast doesn't sound too good.

·
Registered
16,880 Posts
good job. didnt know you had the trk ready. now its time to start tuning it..

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good job. didnt know you had the trk ready. now its time to start tuning it..
I swore I wasn't taking it until the paint was all done. But once I got it running I said screw it, I wanna see what it will do. And yeah, the driver needs tuning too. lol

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Congratulations, those are great times for "shake down" passes:p

What track did you take it to?

I'd also point out there's two 11.50 index programs at two tracks not too far from you;)

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congratulations, those are great times for "shake down" passes:p

What track did you take it to?

I'd also point out there's two 11.50 index programs at two tracks not too far from you;)
Thanks, It was at Pittsburgh. First run a Mopar blew a trans and oiled the starting line right before my first run and in my lane. Not the sort of thing to inspire confidence when you are taking the first pass in something you have no idea what it's going to do. lol

I'm actually considering going to Friendship with it for a T&T. Better time zone for me and get a lot of practice that I need staging and leaving. Not an 1/8 fan but would be good for experience I think.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Thanks, It was at Pittsburgh. First run a Mopar blew a trans and oiled the starting line right before my first run and in my lane. Not the sort of thing to inspire confidence when you are taking the first pass in something you have no idea what it's going to do. lol

I'm actually considering going to Friendship with it for a T&T. Better time zone for me and get a lot of practice that I need staging and leaving. Not an 1/8 fan but would be good for experience I think.
That's how it usually happens:rolleyes:

Starting line practice is where it's at... 1/8 will tell you what you need to know. your et matches your mph, so I'd say your hardware is setup damn close.

you can use this to estimate your 1/4 mile performance (I do): http://www.wallaceracing.com/etcalc.php

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Good job! Don't worry about how it looks, it's all about enjoying it.

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good job! Don't worry about how it looks, it's all about enjoying it.
I agree but autobody is my trade and I like my stuff to look nice if nothing else. I guess you could say it's like the shoemakers shoes. lol But this is FUN! I got all winter to make it pretty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts