Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Couldn’t stand to look at the crappy wiring in my dragster anymore so I decided to tackle it myself. Lots of reading on here,YouTube videos, and a lot more hours than I expected later it’s almost done lol. Car had no relays at all before and more t taps and bad connections than I could count. In hindsight I wish I would’ve made a flat panel up top instead of mounting to my firewall but maybe later. Also went with led push button switches.I do have a question about my distributor wires. I have the 6’ shielded msd cable and from that point I twisted the wires I spliced on the msd and ran them in the red loom down in the floor near the alternator cable. Is that ok as it’s all shielded? These are before pics

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Electrical wiring Gas Automotive exterior Wire Electrical supply

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Bicycle tire

Electrical wiring Gas Electrical supply Cable Technology

Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Electricity Gas Electrical supply

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Electrical wiring Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
T/S 368E
35,946 Posts

Much much better, and you did it your self.
I did notice you have the terminal strip supporting one batch of wires, that might become an issue with breakage.

Reactions: Jamey2386

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely no more scotch clips lol and thanks mrdragster! I’ll be sure to keep an eye on them. Those strips are just for the switches and gauges which were all daisy chained before. Everything was crimped with uninsulated connectors and then heat shrunk

·
T/S 368E
35,946 Posts

You did an amazing job for your first major project.
I just noticed you have that one batch coming from the top rail directly into the strip,
I'm not a fan of the wires not being supported at a hard connection.
So I figured I better mention it.

Reactions: Jamey2386

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ah I see what you’re saying. I do have them zipped pretty snug to the bar just above them that my dash mounts to, and made sure that they weren’t stressed before or after that so hopefully they’ll ride lol. Also decided to try shifting on time through the pro cube. Definitely made it easier to check the shifter operation but now I need to figure out a backup button so my shifter isn’t going off every time I use reverse

·
T/S 368E
35,946 Posts

Use a diode and a single pole toggle. That's what I've been doing for decades!!!
Make sure it's a quality piece that can handle the draw!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve read some about diodes as far as voltage but I’ll have to look into this ha thank you sir

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Looks great!
Those plastic covers over the terminal strip fell off and went into the back seat the first time I let go of the trans brake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts