Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The whole reason Kawi improved on their flagship model was to settle the issue of SUPREMACY. In the Flagship class……ONCE and FOR ALL!
I knew the new 14 was coming this year for 2012 3 years ago but didn’t know the details.

Mid summer of 2011 I got the chance to ride the 2012 ZX14R to do the 1st of 4 photo and or video shoots.
Every year since the ZX14 was introduced back in 2006, I have gotten a chance to test each years model during the photo shoot which has been held at an 1/8th mile drag strip from the very start.
Since the bike is made to be the acceleration (straight line) KING although the flagship’s cornering abilities are not a selling point for the Kawasaki ZX14. Complete specifications listed at end....

READ FULL STORY>>> http://dragbikelive.com/news/archives/11378

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
video now added to article from Rickey Gadson...

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,995 Posts
I see they had to go 100cc bigger to try and beat the Busa.:p
Oh hang on ,that's the kawasaki guys excuse from the past. Just kidding guys.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
The busa has just been around for awhile and we all have them figured out now! Just say no to the 14 ! Friends don't let friends ride zx 14s! Lol
As long as the Busa has been around, you'd think they could give you a decent clutch from the factory..

And that Ducati at 22 thousand dollars.. You can almost buy two ZX14's at that price.. It had better be close ..

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I can tell you guys that this thing is the most impressive STOCK motorcycle you will ever see! Mine made 192 to the tire out of the crate on 92 pump from Meijer across the street from me! Last night tested a sidewinder on it, and it threw down 204 with no tuning!!! After tonight when I get done doing some ecu stuff I expect to see some more!
Then I'm gonna break it down and start my Real Street build with it......

Oh, the pipe isn't a Brock's either.....

They did a little more than throw some stroke at. It has Kaw's first ever production CNC ported head, bigger cams, a lot stronger cam chain. And the injection is all new to the 14. The traction control is cool, but prohibited in any Mirock class your gonna run in but PST.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Just went out and hit it agin, a little better air than yesturday, and plugged in a rough tune to the ecu. I think she woke up. You will never see a stock motor Busa, with a sidewinder and pump gas do this, I don't care what your arguement is. This is the new King! :cool:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I will have one this summer!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts