Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the cars first launch. Just making sure nothing was going to fall off so it was only 3500rpm on tbrake with a small burnout. It looks like the bar slapped pretty hard and unloaded the tires. I am looking for any setup suggestions. It looks like too little antisquat to me and the pinion seems to roll a lot for a 4-link. Help?

2150lbs - 4link - Antiroll - 48% rear weight - 1.76 glide - single coilovers set at middle setting (strange) - Struts at mid setting - wheelie wheel at 5" to bottom of wheel.

Video at:

http://myweb.cableone.net/jburrow/launch/slides/vette_test_2_0001.html

Thanks!!

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
They worked for me, but you can tune that kind of car with out getting the tires up to temp and being under power, looks like the front end is tied down pretty tight, but it shold not need to much drop

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They worked for me, but you can tune that kind of car with out getting the tires up to temp and being under power, looks like the front end is tied down pretty tight, but it shold not need to much drop
I will get a better pass taped Friday and post that up. I figured it would be impossible to tell much w/o heating the tires up and launching under full power, but I wanted a few eyes looking for anything dangerous or really out of whack.
Thanks!

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
You should take your video from the left rear quarter panel, at a 45* ANGLE, seeing the rear and front at the same time, with the car going away from the camera

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I remeasured my setup and found I had the lowers in the wrong hole on the chassis. It was only running 62% AS. I raised it to the correct hole and recalculated AS at 122%. That ought to make a little difference. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts