Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple weeks ago I took my car out with the new E85, and Moran 235# injectors. Car went to the sky and did some very minor damage...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNAmgd9fWFM

Was thinking of some wheelie bars but Phil said throw on some limiters and tighten down the struts a few clicks. What a difference..... Car went 1.26 sixty running a [email protected] Air fuel was still very rich, next time out leaning the air fuel out the car will go 5.20, possibly 5.teen.

People said car would come up a foot or so and carry for a while. Felt smooth as silk, I will get a video up later.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
WTF?! Post this shit without the vid ? Boooooooo lol
Can't wait to get out and actually see it run. Congrats man.
What were the turbos ? 67's on what turbine ? 65's yeah ?

·
Car ramrod
10,130 Posts
I would love to see you and richard run. It should be very close. Loving the car greg

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
WTF?! Post this shit without the vid ? Boooooooo lol
Can't wait to get out and actually see it run. Congrats man.
What were the turbos ? 67's on what turbine ? 65's yeah ?
Lol, yes sir. 67/65 billet wheels with a 281 mod motor. Thanks, wish I could have made another run.

He has a fast car, makes way more power then me.

·
Car ramrod
10,130 Posts
Lol, yes sir. 67/65 billet wheels with a 281 mod motor. Thanks, wish I could have made another run.

He has a fast car, makes way more power then me.
With a little bit more work you should be 5. teens no problem. Your car is bad ass.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Customer is going to be trying the new 66's in about a week or so. Can't wait to see how they react. I'll get out there to play one of these days soon. Good luck man, be careful. That thing is nasty.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Nice passes! What a/f were you running at and what is your goal? How much total timing? Intercooled?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bad ass!!!

How much power are you making?
What injectors are you using?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I like 10.6 - 10.7 a/f but right now its still pegged at 9.1. That run was only the 2nd full pass, so I am still tuning it. 14* total timing, and no thats not a typo :D Air to water intercooler in passenger seat.

Cool, thanks for the info! I have a couple buddies that have 5.4's, E85 but are non-intercooled. I was figuring they would be in the 10-12deg range at full boost (25psi ish). We typically shoot for 10.5-11.0a/f as well!

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info! I have a couple buddies that have 5.4's, E85 but are non-intercooled. I was figuring they would be in the 10-12deg range at full boost (25psi ish). We typically shoot for 10.5-11.0a/f as well!
When you say 10-12 deg. range do you mean 10-12* of timing while running 25psi? Isn't that kind of low, or is it tuned that way because of not having an intercooler? I was under the impression E85 could have about the same amount of detonation/knock threshold that 105-110 octane gas has, or am I completely wrong here?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
When you say 10-12 deg. range do you mean 10-12* of timing while running 25psi? Isn't that kind of low, or is it tuned that way because of not having an intercooler? I was under the impression E85 could have about the same amount of detonation/knock threshold that 105-110 octane gas has, or am I completely wrong here?
From what we have seen in our non-intercooled blowthru cars, the engines live at 4-5deg lower timing than what you would typically run on racegas. My SBC at 16-17psi is at 24deg total timing now on E85, and most other similar combos on gas are at 28-30deg timing. With the good air we are having, next time out I'm going to be at 22deg total.

Bryans 5.4 was at 15deg total at 21psi 10.6ish a/f and the engine was very happy and ran [email protected] Turned the boost up by about 3 pounds and left the timing at 15 and it nipped 5 of the pistons!

Odd thing is: every time we hurt pistons or headgaskets all the plugs look perfect!! Scary trying to tune this stuff by reading the plugs for sure!

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
From what we have seen in our non-intercooled blowthru cars, the engines live at 4-5deg lower timing than what you would typically run on racegas. My SBC at 16-17psi is at 24deg total timing now on E85, and most other similar combos on gas are at 28-30deg timing. With the good air we are having, next time out I'm going to be at 22deg total.

Bryans 5.4 was at 15deg total at 21psi 10.6ish a/f and the engine was very happy and ran [email protected] Turned the boost up by about 3 pounds and left the timing at 15 and it nipped 5 of the pistons!

Odd thing is: every time we hurt pistons or headgaskets all the plugs look perfect!! Scary trying to tune this stuff by reading the plugs for sure!

Very interesting for sure.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Widow, mod motors are a whole different animal to tune. The bores are so small and the chambers so efficient they need VERY little timing to run. Most of the N/a guys i know of barely top 24-25 degrees. I know of 2 blower cars that run less than 10 @ full boost.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts