Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Best to choose a system which matches your fuel, some systems can deal with both, such as gas & E85, you need to check.

Also possible to have dual system,engine & cabin area, such as AFFF for engine bay, Novec 1230 (Halon type substitute)

Need to check what systems are available near you, how easy for getting bottles refilled, re tagged, etc.

·
Vendor
6,428 Posts
Doing some updates to the car, looking to install a fire system.

Is one chemical better?

Any one system better then another?

Thanks
If you would like you are welcome to call me to discuss options. I am a dealer for Cold Fire, FireAde, SPA Technique, Firebottle and Safecraft. Like was said it depends exactly what you are doing. There are several ways that you can go for agents and activation. One of the cool things about the AFFFs like FireAde is that they take the heat away from the fire and the area around it helping to prevent re-ignition after the fire is extinguished or the agent has dispersed. ColdFire cools "21 times faster than water" and helps take the heat and fuel away from the fire. FE-36 is dispersed as a gas and small drops of liquid that stop the fire though chemical interaction and removing the heat. AFFFs and ColdFire both require clean up afterwards and that may require getting things wet to clean them. One thing I do like about the FireAde systems is that it passes the SFI certification and supports 4 nozzles with a 10lb system. The others only 3.

Here are some of the systems on my site. If there are others out there you see let me know and I will give you the best price possible.

·
Vendor
6,428 Posts
Any input on 3m novec 1230?
Its good stuff. Its a “halon replacement” that costs a little more than some others but there is no clean up. I sell it in systems from SPA Technique.

·
Vendor
6,428 Posts
Ive never seen one of those before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
lifeline 360, pretty common over here in the UK, have a good reputation.
I would be happy to have it, use it 👍
Good to know thanks. I am going to use it. Only thing I could find was its over 2k for the sytem. strange that its fired electrically

1 - 10 of 10 Posts