Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody make a quick release hand held Fire extinguisher that mounts legally inside a car? My thinking is it would seem very probable at the end of a run to have a small enough fire not to have to pull the bottles and send fire retardant materiel throughout your car which in some cases can do as much damage as the fire. Seems a small isolated fire could be put out quickly with a hand held.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Does anybody make a quick release hand held Fire extinguisher that mounts legally inside a car? My thinking is it would seem very probable at the end of a run to have a small enough fire not to have to pull the bottles and send fire retardant materiel throughout your car which in some cases can do as much damage as the fire. Seems a small isolated fire could be put out quickly with a hand held.
I sell these and also use one in my car. They work great.

http://www.allstarperformance.com/product.htm?prod=751

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Moon makes a small slick looking Halon unit. It is kinda expensive but what is your life or car worth. I have it mounted behind my seat.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I use the Allstar version noted above. Had to use it once at Gateway when a wire ground down and caused my switch panel to burst into flames.

I can verify that it can be pulled quickly....while still rolling!!

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
x3 legal or not, I'm not waiting on the track crew if my shits on fire!
I watched a video once of some poor dude standing there watching his car burn to the ground while track crew fiddle fucked around. not happening...
Right on that's my thought. I have 20 lbs ready but if its a isolated small fire a hand held in my hand is better that pulling the big boys or waiting for safety crew to show up 60 seconds later.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The only difference is the clamps. I have a 2.5 lb extinguisher on mine. I don't know if it will accept a bigger one or not.

I have both of these in stock and ready to ship. Send me a pm or email. [email protected]

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh did I mention I'm a little paranoid about fire. lol

·
I kill parts
10,367 Posts
I have a 10lb system in teh car, but also keep a smaller bottle behind the seat in a small marine quick release bracket. - Always figured the main system was for me, but if something were to happen to my opponent it's likely that I'd be the closest to him and already in full fire gear to help.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have one in mine, granted the bracket is not the best I agree. But the track official told me to take it out of the car at tech because of the bracket, and these are his words "You are more likely to be upside down in one of these bracket cars then on fire." Screw him. It is still in the car. I have had more carb backfires, and small electrical issues than crashes.

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have one in mine, granted the bracket is not the best I agree. But the track official told me to take it out of the car at tech because of the bracket, and these are his words "You are more likely to be upside down in one of these bracket cars then on fire." Screw him. It is still in the car. I have had more carb backfires, and small electrical issues than crashes.

The legal bracket is $64 get the right one and be done!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Chris, with your past fires, don't you have a fire system in the truck? With your luck, it seems like you would want one. Just wondering.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts