Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/tDPybIM

I took some measurements up my upper and lower control arms and how far they are off the ground and length... and then plotted the measurements 1:1 and came up with this sketch.
Estimated my center of gravity to determine squat line...

Does this seam reasonably accurate for a 70 Abody?

UMI adjustable uppers, UMI lowers, Ford Quick Perfomance 9”

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/tDPybIM

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
If you project a line from your contact patch through your IC to your vertical front wheel CL, the ratio of the difference in height between this point and your vertical CG point will be the antisquat percentage. I'm old school and still use math instead of the computer, lol. I'll post the equation when I get home, don't want to post it wrong,

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could do that I think. Put up the equation.

It’s hard to really measure the angle of the upper arms by just measuring lengths as they taper in thus affecting the angle.

I was just wondering if this would be close...or feasible for an A-body.
I was happy to see my IC fall somewhat close to my squat line...just dont know how accurate it is.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Obviously putting your info into a 4 link calculator should get you the same results, but that line intersecting your IC and ending at your front wheel centerline is called the pitch center. So basically its (pitch center height divided by center of gravity height x 100) My Chevelle has a 27.625 tall pitch center, and a 18.312 CG height, which is 150.857% anti squat,

·
Registered
845 Posts
Your numbers look reasonable if the QP rear has the uca mounts higher than stock(which they probably do). Do you know if they are higher and if so, by how much?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your numbers look reasonable if the QP rear has the uca mounts higher than stock(which they probably do). Do you know if they are higher and if so, by how much

Yes...They raise the upper mounts by 1” to clear the housing.
When I lowered my rear a month ago(close to 2”)...I think my IC became considerably better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts