Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
i beleive the vin should also be under the wiper cowl and in the fire wall around or behind the heater box. hope that helps

·
Void
81,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thinking of trading the camaro for the biscayn , but the guy says the only plate is on the door. not on the firewall

·
Registered
19,964 Posts
they dont put them on the firewall, usually body tags (trim, etc) look on the door jamb, not the door-later years they put them on the top of the dash, viewed thru the windshield

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I bought a 65 Nova SS with a title a couple years ago off a classic car guy on ebay. The title VIN# matched the door vin, and it matched the trim tag under the hood but one of the numbers looked to have been grinded from an 8 to a 3 (on the trim tag).

I ended up taking off the drivers front fender and found a hidden VIN which did not match the title or VIN on the door. Needless to say, I found out someone took a 6cyl car and put SS VIN and title. Have to be careful these days. Since is the same time period, the 63 may also have this hidden VIN but not 100%.

·
Registered
19,964 Posts
some of the frames had partial #'s stamped on them also

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
On top of the frame rail drivers side.Usually behind the X on your car.Also on the top of the rail between the rear bumper and the curve in.Always driver side.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts