Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
13 stores and 2hrs later I was unable to find Ice Melt today. What is up with that? I asked someone at Sears hardware about the dilemma. He said they ran out in mid January and were not permitted to re-order. Okay that makes sense with only 1/2 the winter gone.

·
YB Managing Editor
50,987 Posts
All the HomeDepots and Lowes here have it.. I bought 500lbs in October and am about half way through it.

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
13 stores and 2hrs later I was unable to find Ice Melt today. What is up with that? I asked someone at Sears hardware about the dilemma. He said they ran out in mid January and were not permitted to re-order. Okay that makes sense with only 1/2 the winter gone.

So its Sears' fault you forgot winter was coming? I can understand if you live in Alabama and don't have any ice melt, but Ohio? Seriously? Its somebody else's fault that you aren't prepared for winter? Do you bitch about the tire shops being sold out of chains when a storm hits also?

·
Customer User Titty
3,394 Posts
So its Sears' fault you forgot winter was coming? I can understand if you live in Alabama and don't have any ice melt, but Ohio? Seriously? Its somebody else's fault that you aren't prepared for winter? Do you bitch about the tire shops being sold out of chains when a storm hits also?
Wow tire chains damn talk about a blast from the past.

Not a single place around here sells them any more whether it be the middle of august or in a january ice storm. Unless you want them for an ATV or lawn tractor, then you can find them.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
The first thing you learn when you live where we do is you buy a ton of ice melt as soon as winter hits--there is no question you will need it. And it doesn't spoil.

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
Wow tire chains damn talk about a blast from the past.

Not a single place around here sells them any more whether it be the middle of august or in a january ice storm. Unless you want them for an ATV or lawn tractor, then you can find them.

We have mountains around here , so getting from state to state will sometimes require chains in the passes if you don't have AWD/4WD. Every tire shop has them until the first snow hits, then they sell out QUICKLY. They have State Patrol officers checking every car before the pass if Chains are required. You get turned around if you don't have them. AND we have hills and steep inclines in the cities around here. AND people drive like idiots in the snow around here. Chains are a necessity for most. I like my AWD without chains.

Greg

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
were loaded here. i still have same bag i had last year. only use it on the walkway where the old lady might slip id rather slide up the driveway then pay to replace it

·
X275 Derby Winner!
2,839 Posts
Try any store that has pool supply's. Get yourself some calcium chloride.. Works just as well, and is better on the concrete.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Ice melt?!! Bunch of slackjawed faggots around here. Get yourself some back bone, a steel shovel, some beers and start chopping! Just did my whole driveway in front the garage doors out to the edge of the driveway. Less than a half shift and I'm down to asphalt.
Friggin ice was two/three inches thick in some areas. Ok, pass me a another beer please.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the constructive ideas. Also, thanks to those that assumed I could just go chip away at the drive...it is for the ice dams that formed on my roof.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts