Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
don't know engine specifics. But your N/A timing.....100 and below, seems low compared to what I run. Maybe your engine n/a doesn't like a lot of timing.....efficient CC heads perhaps. 15 degrees at 16 psi is low compared to what I run too,
These type of statements are exactly what hes saying you shouldnt have said lol. They are not related to the combo at hand at all

·
Registered
453 Posts
What if you run low timing at peak torque while ramping boost during that peak? Then after the peak you ramp back your timing while bringing boost back down to previous level before peak? Is there any benefit to this? I am wondering if this helps save your engine while not losing the power?
I don’t see any drawbacks to this unless I am missing something, which wouldn’t be the first time....

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
You probably won't be ramping timing back in past peak torque since boost is still ramping up. Anytime you pull timing that is within reasonable norms you are losing power. However it may be for the greater good and possibly a more consistent tune-up that goes down the track vs knocking the tires off and/or keeps the heads sealed up. Using my map generator works and depending on how the car works you may not need to do anything. I try to have a solid, well thought out tune-up/ car setup and don't start fixing problems until there is some valid indication there is actually a problem.

Reactions: Pro-sc
21 - 25 of 25 Posts