Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my credit card company is fucking me over. They have been sending my statement later and later, and this past month, they completely forgot to issue it to me. I had to call them and talk to someone who confirmed that it was not sent out. I managed to get my payment in in time but I am not happy with it. On top of that my interest rate has went way up after the financial issues of this country. Ok I can deal with that. I recently contacted this company and asked if I could get a better rate, the lady seemed irritated by my call and flat out said no. Ok. I told the lady I will pay it off and did just that. Now it's time to go shopping.

I have awesome credit. I have little debt, and a great job. I'd like to find a better card and wonder if I can make my financial background work for me, and get a better rate somewhere else. I don't know how to find out what's out their, a google search pulls up tons of information but most is just selling you one card or another, most sites are almost like some sort of scam. Anyone make a CC switch to something better, and how did you find it?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I went to a credit union, started up an account where i deposited about $900.00, got a visa bank card for the account and i borrow against that amount. Safest way i could thing of to protect my credit and also protect myself while shopping online. That is my "Car Fund".

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I don't carry a balance so the interest rate is of no concern to me. I would chose the card that has the best rewards program for you. That will vary depending upon what is valuable to you. Some cards give you credit towards travel, some gas etc.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I don't carry a balance so the interest rate is of no concern to me. I would chose the card that has the best rewards program for you. That will vary depending upon what is valuable to you. Some cards give you credit towards travel, some gas etc.

Exactly my thoughts.

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
YUP!

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
They are all relatively similar, save for the ones that are clearly gouging.

Try and find one that offers a point system, not a cash rebate though and not air miles. Like gas or store credit.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Capital One is the only card out there that does not charge a "foreign transaction fee". If you travel much this will save a lot - all other cards hit you with a percentage of every transaction even if they country uses US dollars. Also no fee, and a decent rewards policy. Pay it off every month and it pays you to use it!

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
As someone else said I have capital one for when I travel internationally and an American express delta skymiles because I like to travel. Last year I got just over 200,000miles from the card. I use it to pay absolutely everything and I pay it off weekly. I usually put atleast 10,000 a month on it because I use it even for business expenses and just pay it off all the time.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
As much as people here hate Bank of America i love their credit cards, service and the 1.25% cash back! Check out their website for credit cards and see what different plans they have (cash back, travel etc etc). I've been using them for years...2 cards no problems!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts