Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been bow hunting for 19 years. Gun hunting for maybe 14 of those years. I have killed over 100 deer with a gun and never killed one with my bow. I finally got my first archery deer Sunday night. Got in the stand late and made way too much noise, didnt really think I would see anything. About 30 minutes after getting settled an armadillo came in behind me, I actually decided not to shoot it. About 15 minutes later a deer stepped out at what I estimated 40 yards. Pulled back settled the pin and let it rip. Watched the arrow about 2/3 of the way there before it disappeared. Heard the WHACK!!! Deer bunched up and took of with its tail down. Thats when it hit me that I had finally scored. Ran about 50 yards and piled up. I thought it was a doe, but when I found him it was a basket racked 4pt. I am still jacked up thinking about it. Cant wait to get back after them this weekend.

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
Maybe shootin' armadillers in the stand while trying to get a deer is hurting your chances??

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Havent shot an armadilla yet, thats why I debated it. Let me see what I can do about some pics.

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Only shoot the amadillo if you want to break/lose a good arrow. Ask me how I know.:) Fuckers will run down the first hole they find.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Congrats :drinkers:

I gave up gun hunting because I love Bowhunting so much :D
Nothing like it.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Congrats! The first one is the hardest!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks fellas. I went and found my arrow yesterday. Rain had washed most everything off it. The shot was actually closer to 50 yards than 40. That explained the low hit. The blade on the broadhead was tweaked a bit, but I was able to fix it. Gun season starts here this Saturday, so anytime I am hunting by myself, I will have the gun and the bow (gun just incase I see something nice too far for the bow).

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Congrats! I've been bow hunting for about 14yrs. now and have not got a deer yet either! I have got a fox, 2 turkey, about 5 racoons, and a hog, but no deer! I missed a doe and did manage to shoot an 8pt. 3yrs. ago but made a bad shot and lost him. Fortunately my father in law seen him 2 nights later and said he looked like he was going to be ok. Bow hunting is where its at!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts