Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many thanks to Steve J for my direct port setup. ran a 5.92 @117 yesterday on a very conservative tune as i'm still getting the suspension dialed in. What i did notice though was after shutting it down at the stripe, towing back and checking the plugs which all looked good and a bit on the fat side the motor refused to idle for more than 10 seconds ever since. it didn't run a temp after that pass and the oil and water look fine. I checked the valve lash in case something loosened up but they were all fine as well. the only problem i found was the regulator had failed and was not controlling the fuel and was flooding the carb it must've let go during the run or right after.

I changed the reg and plugs today but same problem, I re-torques the card and intake in case of vac leaks and still nothing, additionally i can get it to idle if i set it above 1500rpm but once i try to go below that it just dies. I'm, sure someone on here has experienced this before and any help would be appreciated.

Dail

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
getting 14 volts output with it running but will double check. the battery was showing 12volts just now when i turned it on but will see what happens when its running.

thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks to Steve J for my direct port setup. ran a 5.92 @117 yesterday on a very conservative tune as i'm still getting the suspension dialed in. What i did notice though was after shutting it down at the stripe, towing back and checking the plugs which all looked good and a bit on the fat side the motor refused to idle for more than 10 seconds ever since. it didn't run a temp after that pass and the oil and water look fine. I checked the valve lash in case something loosened up but they were all fine as well. the only problem i found was the regulator had failed and was not controlling the fuel and was flooding the carb it must've let go during the run or right after.

I changed the reg and plugs today but same problem, I re-torques the card and intake in case of vac leaks and still nothing, additionally i can get it to idle if i set it above 1500rpm but once i try to go below that it just dies. I'm, sure someone on here has experienced this before and any help would be appreciated.

Dail
please excuse the spelling errors. trying to multitask:tonqe:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did reset the float levels but i noticed that intermittently fuel would br dripping from the boosters and the fuel control doesnt looked like it used to coming from the boosters so i'll pull the N/S and check it. its a prosystems carb and i thought they came with viton seals? although with the fuel spiking like it did that may have damaged them.

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
check to make sure the distributor hasnt turned on you..that can cause it as well...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Definetley trash in the crab is what it sounds like.
I'll take the carb apart and check it. i did order some new gaskets previously as i had intended to change them as it was sitting for a year while i was putting the car back together. Will let you guys know how that works out.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts