Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks! Air temps are 148 degrees. Im running C-16 30+lbs of boost.

Combo is a dart iron eagle block 331ci, eagle 5.4 H-beam rods with L-19 rod bolt, Scat forged 3.25 crankshaft internal balance, AFR 205's heads fully ported, T&D shaft mounted rockers, Ross custom 4.030 piston 8.9:1 CR, Custom bullet solid roller blower cam. Ais meth injection kit, Kooks 2" headers with 3 1/2 " collectors, Fast Xfi 2.05 engine management tuned by me. Vortech YSI-B supercharger 8 rib setup 2.85 supercharger pulley and 8" crank pulley. 25.5 cage by Linear Fabrication and mini tubbed 8.8 3.73 braced with 9" ends afco big gun struts. Strange rear coilovers. Strange front and rear brakes, 160lbs injectors, Weldon 2025 fuel pump, JW powerglide case with 1.80 straight cut gears and Ultimate converter concepts converter.
Im sure i left a few things out lol
Thanks for the details, great setup!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
mid to high 8s
You won't break a sweat running high to mid 8s with a F1A-94.

Heck i ran a 8.302 at 136 letting off at the 1/8th with the YSI-B and a 5.16 in the 1/8 @ 131 same run.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
You won't break a sweat running high to mid 8s with a F1A-94.

Heck i ran a 8.302 at 136 letting off at the 1/8th with the YSI-B and a 5.16 in the 1/8 @ 131 same run.
I have gone [email protected] with a D1SC at 11.5psi...i haven't run it yet at 17psi. I have a pretty heavy can, but I think a F1A94 should do it easily.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I hit the rev limiter before the 1/4 mi and i would say yes the converter is slipping some what, to loose but thats the way i want it because i only run the 1/8th. Converter is perfect for the 1/8 mi and a 275 radial tire
The leave your car made on that pass LOOKED like it was on a 7 second run.. But when I heard it hit the rev limiter I thought.. Damn, that might have ruined a really good run.. That billet wheel YSI is making some beans.. But you know what I say.. COG IT ...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
The leave your car made on that pass LOOKED like it was on a 7 second run.. But when I heard it hit the rev limiter I thought.. Damn, that might have ruined a really good run.. That billet wheel YSI is making some beans.. But you know what I say.. COG IT ...
Was definitely a surprise!

I talked to my converter guy and he said the converter was locking up tight applying all the power no slip that's why i hit the rev limiter.

Sorta like a lock up converter.

Just remember the converter is setup for the 1/8th.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Was definitely a surprise!

I talked to my converter guy and he said the converter was locking up tight applying all the power no slip that's why i hit the rev limiter.

Sorta like a lock up converter.

Just remember the converter is setup for the 1/8th.
That makes no sense

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
That makes no sense
I dont know a whole bunch about converters but if a converter is not slipping isn't the the converter applying all the power? And in return wouldn't that make the engine rev faster? im just trying to learn.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I dont know a whole bunch about converters but if a converter is not slipping isn't the the converter applying all the power? And in return wouldn't that make the engine rev faster? im just trying to learn.
If you are blowing thru the converter usually you are gaining rpm faster than you are gaining mph. If the converter is slipping 0% you would have max load on the motor and it should rpm slower. Any converter slip should lower the load on the motor allowing it to rpm faster... Like a slipping clutch. However I am also not an expert lol.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
If you are blowing thru the converter usually you are gaining rpm faster than you are gaining mph. If the converter is slipping 0% you would have max load on the motor and it should rpm slower. Any converter slip should lower the load on the motor allowing it to rpm faster... Like a slipping clutch. However I am also not an expert lol.
That is definitely plausible lol maybe i was blowing thru the converter who knows.

The slipping clutch idea has me thinking slipping would make the engine rev faster 😂

Gonna leave it alone and run the 1/8th only.

Reactions: BLUEOVALRACER

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Converters are some magic voodoo shit for sure. But I do know ySI’s car runs HARD. 🤘
I agree with u 100% wish i knew more about converters.

The YSI is a bad little bitch!!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts