Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my block finally. Now im trin to figure out wut CI i should build.
U guys got any ideas out there for a big NOS or Turbo setup??

·
Registered
49,436 Posts
Which power adder and how big of a power adder do you plan on running.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Prob gonna have to go the NOs route right now. Seems turbo is gonna be outa the budget..
I wanna make around 1800 to 2000 hp with power adder

·
Kelly's Nightmare
4,147 Posts
Prob gonna have to go the NOs route right now. Seems turbo is gonna be outa the budget..
I wanna make around 1800 to 2000 hp with power adder
Thats BIG turbo territory.

you wil never have a Nitrous LS or any SB live at that power level. even with Allpro/ET/Edelbrock Victor race heads you will have a hell of a time making 900 on motor. how do you plan on making up the extra 900? not only that but you also have to figure in all the other required components.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats BIG turbo territory.

you wil never have a Nitrous LS or any SB live at that power level. even with Allpro/ET/Edelbrock Victor race heads you will have a hell of a time making 900 on motor. how do you plan on making up the extra 900? not only that but you also have to figure in all the other required components.
could turn into a pipe dream then huh..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe i should reword this.. Im wantin a 5 sec 1/8 mile car. mid to lows.. car weight is 3000lbs

·
Registered
49,436 Posts
98mm turbo on a 400ci motor. That'll handily get it done. You can even use inline heads to save some money.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
lmao @ wanting 2000hp out of a nitrous SB engine... Not only are you dreaming, but you just wet the bed. lol I know you have an LSX block, but its still not that simple. VA Speed does a lot of prep work on the LSX blocks before they put 2000hp to them and the only way you will get 1800+hp (and not kill it every other pass) is gonna be with a turbo set up. If your only goal is to run mid-low 5's you can do that with 427-440 cubes, solid roller, big heads (ls7, etp, etc) with two nitrous kits. There are plenty of guys in the mid-high 5's with stock iron blocks and cathedral heads.

·
Registered
49,436 Posts
Well what heads do you have ?

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
depending on the heads, you won't need 427-440" to run 5.0's @ 3000... you need a proper designed combination.

Shit, you only need 400" with the right stroke and bore to run in the low 5's with a good set of heads and two stages @ 3000lbs
3.750 stroke, 4.125 bore, PI intake, solid roller, two foggers and 3000lbs will get you solidly into the 7's with heads that flow 380/260 cfm or better.... people been there, done that with a sbf/ single stage @ 3000lbs on a 275.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
let's make this easy-how much money do you have to spend?this will dictate everything

·
Kelly's Nightmare
4,147 Posts
let's make this easy-how much money do you have to spend?this will dictate everything
i think you meant to say how much money do you have, now lets tripple it and thats how much you need....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
depending on the heads, you won't need 427-440" to run 5.0's @ 3000... you need a proper designed combination.

Shit, you only need 400" with the right stroke and bore to run in the low 5's with a good set of heads and two stages @ 3000lbs
3.750 stroke, 4.125 bore, PI intake, solid roller, two foggers and 3000lbs will get you solidly into the 7's with heads that flow 380/260 cfm or better.... people been there, done that with a sbf/ single stage @ 3000lbs on a 275.
Thats some good info, and very true.
I have got a set of c5r's being worked as we speak.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts