Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So ive been waiting almost 2 years to get the ok to drop this on the bullet well finally Brian has given the ok to make it public

Ladies and Gentleman I give you Michigan Motorsport park
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2948023/CountryClub - 2011.09.13 Rev1.pdf
http://www.mmsep.com/

the track is in its final planning phases, has been approved by Wayne county building commission and is looking to begin building in the next 2-3 years

located just south of eureka road adjacent to the airport the track will be a functional road racing, and drag strip. State of the art facilities which will include a onsite hotel,convention center, over 400,000 sq feet of garage space available for purchase.

also in planning will be an outlet mall and the following

Clubhouse Amenities
Road Course Amenities
??Panoramic View of Road Course ?Full Service Bar ?Grill Room ?Dinning Room ?Private Men & Women Locker Rooms ?Workout Facility ?Jacuzzi & Spa ?Mini Members Child Care ?Billiards and Poker Room ?Outdoor Track Viewing Lounge ?Swimming Pool ?Tennis Courts ?Racquet Ball Courts ?Indoor Gun Range ?Motor Sports Pro Shop ?Business Center
Reciprocal Agreements with other ?private Automotive Country Clubs
Reciprocal Agreements with local ?private dining clubs ?High Speed Wireless Internet ?Rental Garages ?Snowmobile Trails ?Go-kart Track
Professional driving school

only issue brian is having currently is gaining enough corporate funding to come up with the rest of the development funds. My father's concrete company in SE mich will hopefully be supplying the concrete at a great price to brian. either way looks like we are gonna have us a new track here by 2016-2017

if you guys have any doubts about this you can contact brian at 248 295 4610

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think for some of those private road race guys yea, my thoughts would be patrick dempsy kind of people

·
A.K.A. MEAN Matt
3,581 Posts
So ive been waiting almost 2 years to get the ok to drop this on the bullet well finally Brian has given the ok to make it public

Ladies and Gentleman I give you Michigan Motorsport park
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2948023/CountryClub - 2011.09.13 Rev1.pdf
http://www.mmsep.com/

the track is in its final planning phases, has been approved by Wayne county building commission and is looking to begin building in the next 2-3 years

located just south of eureka road adjacent to the airport the track will be a functional road racing, and drag strip. State of the art facilities which will include a onsite hotel,convention center, over 400,000 sq feet of garage space available for purchase.

also in planning will be an outlet mall and the following

Clubhouse Amenities
Road Course Amenities
??Panoramic View of Road Course ?Full Service Bar ?Grill Room ?Dinning Room ?Private Men & Women Locker Rooms ?Workout Facility ?Jacuzzi & Spa ?Mini Members Child Care ?Billiards and Poker Room ?Outdoor Track Viewing Lounge ?Swimming Pool ?Tennis Courts ?Racquet Ball Courts ?Indoor Gun Range ?Motor Sports Pro Shop ?Business Center
Reciprocal Agreements with other ?private Automotive Country Clubs
Reciprocal Agreements with local ?private dining clubs ?High Speed Wireless Internet ?Rental Garages ?Snowmobile Trails ?Go-kart Track
Professional driving school

only issue brian is having currently is gaining enough corporate funding to come up with the rest of the development funds. My father's concrete company in SE mich will hopefully be supplying the concrete at a great price to brian. either way looks like we are gonna have us a new track here by 2016-2017

if you guys have any doubts about this you can contact brian at 248 295 4610
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=423567

Thanks for the official announcement but someone "sniffed it out" a little earlier.....LOL

·
Sizeable Member
7,748 Posts
Same concept as the track in NJ, yes? I can only repeat what I have heard about the success of that facility but from what I understand the automotive country club idea hasn't taken off like they thought it would. Don't get me wrong, I hope it's a big success but I'm wondering why it would work any better in MI vs NJ?

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
Same concept as the track in NJ, yes? I can only repeat what I have heard about the success of that facility but from what I understand the automotive country club idea hasn't taken off like they thought it would. Don't get me wrong, I hope it's a big success but I'm wondering why it would work any better in MI vs NJ?
west bloomfield, bloomfield hills, beverly hills, birmingham, franklin, novi, northville....all full of car guys with money....

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think if they get the big 3 to test stuff there and maybe some backing from the IRL/SCCA/GRAND AM/ALMS/NHRA it could take off

·
A.K.A. MEAN Matt
3,581 Posts
i think if they get the big 3 to test stuff there and maybe some backing from the IRL/SCCA/GRAND AM/ALMS/NHRA it could take off

I agree. Those are some big "what ifs" but if even a couple of those happen there is the potential for something really great to happen.

Most important thing to remember.

If you build the dragstrip, people will come.

I know I will.

·
Sizeable Member
7,748 Posts
Lots of car guys with money in the NY/NJ/PA area too. They have Grand Am in NJ and one of the big bike series too I think. No mfr's though. Whatever, not trying to be a downer, I hope it works out.

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree. Those are some big "what ifs" but if even a couple of those happen there is the potential for something really great to happen.

Most important thing to remember.

If you build the dragstrip, people will come.

I know I will.
im off of mich ave and 275 basically so its a 8 minute drive for me vs 40 to milan i know a lot of racers that are more in wayne county then in monroe/washtenaw i think it has a ton of potential brain is working really hard to get a penske like company to support it last i heard he was in talks with someone even bigger then penske

·
A.K.A. MEAN Matt
3,581 Posts
im off of mich ave and 275 basically so its a 8 minute drive for me vs 40 to milan i know a lot of racers that are more in wayne county then in monroe/washtenaw i think it has a ton of potential brain is working really hard to get a penske like company to support it last i heard he was in talks with someone even bigger then penske

40 minutes is nothing. People have and will drive alot further for alot less. I'm just north of Milan and I used to drive 2 plus hours to run two tracks every weekend. Build a nice facility with a track surface that works and a good program without to much B.S. and there will be a line at the gate an hour before it opens every day. LOL :D

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
40 minutes is nothing. People have and will drive alot further for alot less. I'm just north of Milan and I used to drive 2 plus hours to run two tracks every weekend. Build a nice facility with a track surface that works and a good program without to much B.S. and there will be a line at the gate an hour before it opens every day. LOL :D
oh i hear ya been going to norwalk over milan because of how much nicer the facilities are. nothing against milan but its like a shit hole compared to norwalk obviously 2 different situations but the track its self is just nice in general.

I agree if they can make it a state of the art facility there will be people waiting to make passes

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Can you guys come to Massachusetts or Rhode Island and build one here as well? It sucks that I have to drive almost 3 hours to New England Dragway in New Hampshire when I want to race.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
just curious ...south of eureka.??? between ? and ? ....as i am at eureka and middlebelt...you guys gonna buy my subdivision out ??we have a great empty horse track a mile from here ...city of romulus wouldnt let em build it...so they went a mile south and got new boston to ok it .??just curious ...would love to have a track close

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just curious ...south of eureka.??? between ? and ? ....as i am at eureka and middlebelt...you guys gonna buy my subdivision out ??we have a great empty horse track a mile from here ...city of romulus wouldnt let em build it...so they went a mile south and got new boston to ok it .??just curious ...would love to have a track close
east of 275 south of eureka literally just south of the airport and north of the horse track

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have been to the Autobahn in Joliet, IL. It is basically "across the street" from Route 66. Nice facility. The team garages on-site are bigger and nicer than my house. The club facilities are top notch as well. I surely couldn't afford it.
However, driving around the course with a one-ton truck and a loaded Bobcat trailer was a hoot!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts