Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed filter fittings in my fuel solenoids after finding some debris in my fuel system and wondering if they make any change to the tuneup as the screens seem very small and look like they will restrict some fuel.anybody notice a difference after installing them.

·
Super Moderator
12,145 Posts
Sean,
In most cases the screened fittings won't slow flow unless they are about 50% or more pluggeg up.. On the fuel side you have to be careful though ??? There are some fuel filter fittings made that are -6 to 1/8 NPT and the screen is in the small 1/8 NPT end. this one plugs with just a few small particals getting into it... Then the are the old (most common) set ups with a 1/4 NPT to 1/8 NPT reducer that uses a -6 to 1/4 NPT filter fitting. these have the bigger screens in the 1/4 NPT end...

We now have and use a -6 to 1/8 NPT fitting that removes the need for the reducer, and we have the filter on the -6 end so you can easily see and inspect it... Hope this helps.. Steve

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep of course the ones i bought are nos brand -6 to 1/8 with the very small screen on the npt side.thats why i mentioned it on here the screen seems seems so small.ill keep my eye on them.thanks steve

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Steve how much for the -6 to 1/4npt screen fittings?

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
If you use large pills they pass almost anything.;)

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there getting larger a little at a time.:cool:

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
steve you mentioned a newer style -6 to 1/8 npt with larger screen @ the A.N. side.i think those will do me justice do you have those in stock.i dont trust these nos ones i just put in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts